• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 holdovers

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I said payment. You can finance a sled for 36-48 months. They will let you finance a car to 72 months. You can buy a decent car for 45 grand.
Right. As my buddy's dad always said, "It's not what you can afford, it's what you can pay each month."

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
My dealer got a significantly smaller snow check unit allocation, and filled it within a day.

Which makes you think that Polaris is already sensing the demand reduction and trying to reduce supply for the future.

The deals will be plentiful, especially on the ol dime a dozen NA 850s.
I had heard about the allocation shrinkage, probably two reasons, so they can actually deliver what they pre-sell, and due to downturn in economic forecast. IMHO of course.
And used cars often sell better than new in a recession, although the prices won't be as premium.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I think you're exactly right Sledhed. It's two fold.

Also, if the OEMs lose their ability to charge us top dollar for snow checks, they are screwed! Make fewer... charge more.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Polaris recalls and stop rides really hurt the value of the non-current dealer inventory. Limiting 2024 production is a wise move despite the economy. And the non-current inventory should sell at a steep discount.

T
Mar 30, 2010
14k is all they offered on 22 boost trades! I don’t see the 9R or 23 boost being worth more. I got a 4k trade offer on 2019 850 155 with 1800 miles! Dealers don’t wan’t used sleds i let me 900 go for what I spent on shocks and carls engine kit! The rest was sled was free! Worst mod sled Price ever. Snowmobile market is terrible lots for sale and no buyers!

C
Dec 14, 2020
14k is all they offered on 22 boost trades! I don’t see the 9R or 23 boost being worth more. I got a 4k trade offer on 2019 850 155 with 1800 miles! Dealers don’t wan’t used sleds i let me 900 go for what I spent on shocks and carls engine kit! The rest was sled was free! Worst mod sled Price ever. Snowmobile market is terrible lots for sale and no buyers!

So why didn't you sell them private party?

People are still getting 4-6k for a pro-ride in good shape, and 5-10k for a good axys. Matrix are going for 10-15k depending on condition.

I'd have pulled the shocks for next year's sled and stuffed the factory ones back on, and listed it on marketplace.

Our dealers do want used sleds. They just won't pay anywhere near market price because that's what they're going to ask, and they're going to end up fixing something to sell it (may just be ski rubbers, fresh belts, and a good cleaning, but it costs them money).

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Getting late in the year now. But my brother sold a clapped out 2012 600 pro rmk for $4g's a month ago I about fell over, and he sold it in about 10 minutes on market place.

T
Mar 30, 2010
I did sell them private. Just saying with highest volume dealer in idaho was paying for trades. I had to go 3k below asking price to sell my 900. The used sled market is terrible i saw turbo axys 800 for 6k local and taking offers.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I did sell them private. Just saying with highest volume dealer in idaho was paying for trades. I had to go 3k below asking price to sell my 900. The used sled market is terrible i saw turbo axys 800 for 6k local and taking offers.

May be an effect of nobody wanting to finance any extra, and the cash they have is all they'll spend.

When rates were 2%, it was easy to say "yeah, I'll just call the bank and get an extra $2k". Now with 6%+, they actually think about it and go "no, I'll wait".

N
Oct 10, 2010
Jackson Wy
Amazing how fast the market has changed, I could not find a new sled to save my life a year ago and now there is mention of many 23 holdovers while I was at a shop in Idaho that had over 60 2022 new sleds to sell, ouch.

That loud noise that you heard this week is the financial markets blowing up, hold onto your tits Mildred... it is about to get interesting!

btw the financial markets are for a large part driven by a separate part of the government, the Federal Reserve which is at the helm right now. We will see what happens next with their tightening policies.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
People still wanting a small fortune for used sleds around me, but they are still for sale too. Dealers around here don't have a bunch of 2022 or 2023 stock on hand. There are some exceptions, tempted to pick up a back-up sled if the deals on earlier Axys RMKs get any better... 5500 for a pump gas boondocker with recent top end and looks nice (in pics anyway) locally, almost same miles as my sled (which I had thrown up for sale for giggles with new top end for maintenance and newly installed silber)...

C
Nov 29, 2008
Yep ..just waiting for some better pricing on the 21-22's to move up ....for now the 16 & 18 will suffice ...not spending $20k plus for a new sled ...will wait for a meadow muncher to figure out they don't ride enough to warrant the sled pmt

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Premium Features