• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 College Football

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I dunno, maybe there are echelons in the system and I'm not quite aware of the nuances - rest assured any misrepresentation is not intentional.

Someone very, VERY close to me wanted to go to Collage where they have school spirit and went from being involved to now being employed with and part of "that" football program, and it seems that it has now hit the "Bonus Plan" level.

Seems like Kalen DeBoer is an Excellent Person/Coach/Replacement and Choice - Triple bonus points from me for having small town roots too.

Roll Tide!

(Personally, I still like motorsports better though. It's easier for me to deal with mechanical engineering and fabrication aspects and individual talent vs eccentric team dynamics)

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Here's an interesting thingy...
In 2013 Kalen was a positions coach at Southern Illinois along with another positions coach named Bubba Schweigert. The University of North Dakota needed a new head coach and both of these guys applied for the position, Bubba was chosen over Kalen. In those 11 seasons he has led the Fighting Sioux to 5 playoff games and 5 playoff losses. Being a Bison fan, I am thankful that Bubba got that job over Kalen!

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
That's a pretty cool "thingy" that you have quite a bit of backstory on it all. Seriously, good stuff.

I know so little on this topic because I'm so much more of a "gearhead"

In the end though, adversity, challenge and defeat helps some keep "grinding", rise and be better, and Kalen seems to have risen from your aforementioned defeat and risen to a head coach at Washington, and now Alabama.

In my own world I have always respected those who have the hunger to keep learning, never live on one's "laurels" and always try to be better in any way than "we" were the day before.

Premium Features