• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 yeti 129fr worth the upgrade?

K
Sep 21, 2016
I'm guessing by now a few of you have had a chance to ride the new 2022 129 free ride. I am currently on a 2020 129 and curious who has tried them back to back in deep powder and if the new track is worth the upgrade. I run the cmx spindle and know the benefits of there new spindle.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
I would wait for more time and reviews on various snow conditions. One review so far that "maybe" the track durometer is on the soft side and the paddles are folding a bit in certain snow conditions. Not enough time on mine to verify that.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
It's been bottomless here in the PNW, no base, constantly fender deep. My first ride I hit handlebars a few times. Poaching sled lines, but I can carve my own if there isn't much of a hill or I have some momentum. I came off a 2019 Camso, night and day difference. Can't comment on the track fold yet but I do have a little bit of fraying already, everything checked out fine for tension and alignment. This kit definitely floats way better than the Camso. I'm sure the weight and drive system plays a huge part, but your kit and my Camso shared the same track. It climbed pretty well for what it was but this new kit seems to hook really well. I can give a better opinion once I get more seat time with a setup snowpack lol.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Of any kit I've owned or ridden this kit has the most wheel like feel of them all. I'm also coming off a Camso which works pretty darn well for what it is. I've always liked the monorail, to me, the Yeti really feels very similar it was a very easy transition. The Camso will climb up on top of the snow better than the Yeti, the Camso never trenches in but once you are moving on the Yeti it hooks up and its all over. Part of the difference on my setup is I am running a 14 tooth counter sprocket which gears the whole set up quite tall. There's no denying it the Yeti is a super nice kit but if I was a guy just starting out and money was an object I'd still buy a 2020 Camso and save $6k. Am I sorry I bought it, no I'm not. Is it a luxury item, yes it is.

M5

D
Feb 23, 2017
Cascades
coming off an ARO 120, have ridden 1 day of sketchy fluff with no base, 1 day of bottomless fluff and 1 day of mashed taters on top of bottomless fluff.... initial feedback is that the yeti is not as playful feeling as the aro was, and the front ski was giving me a real hard time, almost acts like a front brake is on... ordered a CMX ski.

More suspension tuning to come.... but have already tinkered with it a bit and it is getting better as i progress

and yes M5, a luxury item it is!

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Of any kit I've owned or ridden this kit has the most wheel like feel of them all. I'm also coming off a Camso which works pretty darn well for what it is. I've always liked the monorail, to me, the Yeti really feels very similar it was a very easy transition. The Camso will climb up on top of the snow better than the Yeti, the Camso never trenches in but once you are moving on the Yeti it hooks up and its all over. Part of the difference on my setup is I am running a 14 tooth counter sprocket which gears the whole set up quite tall. There's no denying it the Yeti is a super nice kit but if I was a guy just starting out and money was an object I'd still buy a 2020 Camso and save $6k. Am I sorry I bought it, no I'm not. Is it a luxury item, yes it is.

M5
I setup my Camso flat which took all the playfulness out of it and it got up and went pretty good. I have an angle dialed into the Yeti to get some playfulness and I would say it pulls up and out of the snow better than the Camso did setup for those conditions, but that's just my experience so far. I run a 13T on a 2016 YZ450F. I liked the monorail as well, which is why I ultimately went with a Yeti over an Aro3. I'm used to how the track behaves and they lean effortlessly (im sure TS do also). The Camso was great, the Yeti is much better, but not necessary to have a great time. I am loving the suspension and soft strut though.

S
Sep 4, 2021
utah
My 22' pulled 22 riot 3 all day today up various hills on soft powder to firm crust. not a fair comparison as my bike is 5-9 more hp, (different dynos). It seemed like I could pull up most hills with a riot 3 with me being 50lbs heavier. When we switched bikes I couldnt make it up the hill. 1 bike was a 19' yz450 riot3 ported head, cams, fmf, high comp ecu. other bike was a 21 450 sxf rp throttle body, cam, rp pipe, port, ecu. It pulled it by ALOT but again the bike made more hp.

Premium Features