• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Arctic cat Ctec 800 Alpha bog

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I adjusted the power valve cables and it didn’t bog but it’s just 1 ride last year. I’ll update in 6 months as I mostly spring riding. Haha

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
You ever figure this out? I have a 19 silber alpha with 2500 that has ran great until this season, it stutters after 7500rpm but has full power up to that point. Lots of guys say stator…

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Interesting.
My stator troubles were always much more crippling.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I have a mtn fit hood, no headlight. I've had the bog since I put it on but the 13 pounds gone out weighs the bog. I know it's going to bog and it gets me sometimes.
I tried putting an air dam in front of the air box sensor to disturb the air but it didn't help.
Lost a stator last season probably cause of the no headlight. Havent had snow to see if the bogs gone with the new stator.

Is there a certain size resistor I can put in the headlights place to eat some excess power?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Well a new stator installed and runs like a top! Iam assuming it was the high speed coils that were bad, 4 of them were pretty discolered and melted. Thanks to Hubbs performance for sending me his advice on replacing the stator.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
I have a ‘22 with 600 miles on it. Last year I had noticed a bog in the mid range. Didn’t think much of it towards the end of the season. November I put a Speedworks Stage 2 on it. Wasn’t able to check it out until a month ago. The bog was much more noticeable than last year. Appears to be normal until the machine is really warmed up. The bog happens from 3800 to 5600. Once above that, it runs great. I’ve had it at the shop for almost a month now. They’ve check every thing, reeds, compression, injectors, ECU and even put the stock mapping back in. They’ve talked to Arcticcat and Speedworks without any solutions.
On the stand, it runs great until the temp reaches about 110, that’s when it acts up. Next idea is to pull the crank and see if there’s any discoloration indicating a potential crank bearing issue.
Any ideas? Are we going in the wrong direction?

Premium Features