• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Arctic cat Ctec 800 Alpha bog

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I have an intermittent bog that almost sounds like it’s running on one cylinder. When going from idle to wfo, it seems to drop a cylinder and I can sometimes blip out of it. It’s always in a sticky situation so the annoyance factor is high.
Has anyone experienced this or fixed this?
3500-5000ft,

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
throwing a few things out there that I've found thus far, Plug caps? pop one off and look up into it. Maybe you've got a bad coil. Plug gap? I've heard that tightening them up a smidge helped start better and a few other odds and ends...? Exhaust valve cables? at 6k km mine need changing, must be wearing through that liner inside and they get stiff to pull when the cable is curved as it would be into the servo. could be 1 cable longer than another as well.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It’s hard to see the tach cuz the power drop has me in a situation. I would guess 7000-7500rpm and I can blip out of it. Sometimes it’ll blip out fast and other times I have to turn around.
Have you had the sale issue?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
throwing a few things out there that I've found thus far, Plug caps? pop one off and look up into it. Maybe you've got a bad coil. Plug gap? I've heard that tightening them up a smidge helped start better and a few other odds and ends...? Exhaust valve cables? at 6k km mine need changing, must be wearing through that liner inside and they get stiff to pull when the cable is curved as it would be into the servo. could be 1 cable longer than another as well.
My cables were stiff pull so I cleaned the valves. I can’t remember if they were a stiff pull after cleaning or maybe I thought it was normal. I will check it out. Thx

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
If I’m understanding right, it sounds similar to how mine acted when the injectors first started going out. It would just randomly cut out like it dropped a cylinder then would run fine. Often in the worst locations leading to a nasty stuck situation. Over time it progressively got worse to where I couldn’t go wide open without it bogging or surging. I have a post on here trying to figure out my issue from the beginning of the season if you want to check it out and see if it sounds at all similar.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My TSS was intermittent, causing rpm to drop down mid 6's.
It did it 2 rides, then quit working, so it's been unplugged since 2020.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My last two rides sound exactly the same symptoms. Both were days with temps above freezing, had me wondering about temps but no light.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mines higher than power valve issues and tss. But also been unplugged a few years.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
BMP y, single, can. Belt drive, Two dew and peanut mnms and a bag of jerky, Adapt with Snypers.
Always ripped hard until these last two days. Primary is fresh.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My last two rides sound exactly the same symptoms. Both were days with temps above freezing, had me wondering about temps but no light.
That’s funny cuz it was warm out and I was wondering if the warm air made it bog too! Haha

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
A storm moved in about 5:00 and dropped temps a bunch, couple of pulls it ran cleaner, but had to head off the hill before it closed in, couldn’t prove up on it.

Premium Features