• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018/19 Snowy Range Snow Conditions

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Definitely keep us posted on the status of these missing guys. Our plan is to leave Friday morning for the Snowies, but I hope to God they have found them by then!!!

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Listening to scanner they have found 4 riders that fit description and are sending 5 SAR snowmobiled to the location. It’s up by Crater Lake, northeast/east of Sand Lake off O trail.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
God is great!!
5fe7541d7a9647efe4cbd8c2fed719b5.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
The area at and around Sand Lake can be difficult especially when the weather comes in. A snow storm or the fog can be very hard to find your way in or out of there. Be there done that. As I said in another post hope each one of them are in good healt.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Very happy to read that! Prayers answered indeed, now for safety for everyone involved getting them back home. Thanks also to everyone for keeping us posted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Chopper is grounded. I am praying we can get these guys in loved one arms yet tonight

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Excellent news! We are headed that direction in the morning. Hopefully they are all ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Like everyone else, I am on the scanner. Getting closer. Google maps shows their coordinates as rough country. I have never been up that far.

Sounds like Carbon County couldn't get in, in the dark. Albany was still out, but I have no scanner for them.

Not out of the woods, but hopefully family can breath a little easier tonight.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Like everyone else, I am on the scanner. Getting closer. Google maps shows their coordinates as rough country. I have never been up that far.

Sounds like Carbon County couldn't get in, in the dark. Albany was still out, but I have no scanner for them.

Was thinking the same thing on where they’re at. Never in a million years would I think to go to where they’re at. Very eager to hear their story once they’re rescued. Carbon starting back up at 0630, Albany may still be out with a snowcat, but may be back to Greenrock and start again in morning.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
I've hiked that area, it's a sob, makes 7 fools look like a bunny hill. My guess is they caught Rock Creek by accident and kept it north. Where Deep Creek joins it is straight up and down.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
They are trying to hike into them. They had made short radio contact with them. Trying to get a chopper in to hoist them out

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Where exactly are the coordinates / location ??

It would be interesting to see on google maps!

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
Glad to hear all is well. I will say this to all snowmobiliers: if you haven’t donated to your local or even non local Search and Rescue you should. These last four days are a testament to those SAR people for there great and greatful work they do when called. Can’t say enough for them.

Premium Features