• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Rmk 800 bog

C
Feb 25, 2017
Rebuilt sled with new cylinders and durability kit from mtntek. Was getting a PTO side DET code took in to shop got computer checked and reflashed to take in mode and code went away. Was still getting a weird bog if I went wide open throttle, if I eased in to throttle could get to 7800 and engine would bog out. Was intermittent then suddenly it’s only running on one cylinder and is showing no codes. Have checked reeds, checked crank seal, pulled powervalves and cleaned and put back in. Fuel pump was just updated from recall. I’m running outta mechanic talent here.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
spark plug caps; spark plugs; exhaust valve cable can break and not throw a code... recheck your compression in case the "fix kit" is now broken in some way (such as rings catching a port etc.)

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
If your running an after market silencer change it out for the Stock silencer . As sled head said check compression - if compression is good but new spark plugs in it . plug cap do fail or get a bunch of carbon tracking in them .

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Could also be fuel injectors getting blocked or not flowing enough, you can get them cleaned and flow tested... or just buy a whole new injector harness with injectors off ebay, not super expensive...

Premium Features