• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys, no headlight, tail light, gauge power, won’t stay running.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
We have a 2016 axys with 1100 miles on it. The issue just started today, sled ran fine all day, my brother said he noticed the headlights flicker this afternoon right before we came back down to the truck. We got to the truck and shut it off while we changed, then went back to load them up and it wouldn’t start at first. After couple tries it would idle but bog out and try to die with any throttle input, so we pulled it on the trailer. Once we got back to hotel we started it and it will rev up now but realized the headlight, taillight, Brake light, gauge aren’t working and sled will not stay idling on it’s own. We’ve checked connections, switched at console, and swapped relays but don’t have another sled the same to try voltage regulator. Right now we are thinking voltage regulator or stator. Has anybody had an issue like this? Thanks for any help

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I don’t have spare relays with me, I am going to try to get some this morning. I have taken all connections apart and put dielectric grease on terminals two years ago. Do you know what the relays control? There are the two above y pipe on cross tube, and one above clutch. I was told one powers exhaust valves, one powers oil pump, and one is chassis relay. I’ve moved them around last night with no difference, nowhere in south fork has any, there is a Napa in next town I will run to this morning. A friend of mine that’s not on the trip has a 17 axys that he pulled all three relays out of last night and his sled would still start and headlight, tail light worked with all three unplugged. That’s what had me thinking it maybe wasn’t the relays.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
When my relay went out, my gauge and headlight wouldn't work. Also my power valves wouldn't open. Swapped out all three relays above the Y pipe and all my problems were solved. They didn't look bad on the connections either. I am guessing inside. I went ahead and ordered spares to have on the shelf.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Napa only had two so I replaced the two above the y pipe on crossbar with no change. Still has no headlight or tail light, no gauge power at all and won’t stay running unless I keep feathering the throttle. Thanks for the help so far

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Drove to the next town and got the third relay. I’ve changed all three now with no change at all. Polaris dealer doesn’t have a voltage regulator on hand.

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Have you checked this issue out?

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I have not yet. We ended up renting a ski doo from randy/ Michelle at their new dealership in south fork. Today was our last day to ride so I’ll dig into it when I get home.
On a side note I can say I won’t be buying a ski doo. The one we rented was a 2020 summit sp 165-3” it could climb very well but I couldn’t wait to get back on my khaos for the handling in the trees.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
dickeredbud.jpg

sorry that's not any help but that's my favorite picture in the world and I just wanted to post it

because canadians talk funny

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Haven’t had a chance to get to it yet, has anyone had a capacitor go bad? Michelle from south fork seemed pretty certain that is the issue.

T
Apr 2, 2009
Are the light bulbs blown and thats why they aren't working? If so, regulator. If bulbs not blown, I would guess capacitor. The voltage regulator if bad can cause a bad capacitor too, so could be both by now.

Last edited:

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
They are led headlight and taillight, I think they are ok but something is up with the power supply. Going to get a capacitor ordered tomorrow

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I believe the issue is the same as others have had in the axys section lately. I tore into it finally tonight and the white stator connector is melted internally. My phone died while out in my shop so I didn’t get pics but will tomorrow. I also have my weatherpack kit at work right now so I will get that tomorrow and real ace the connections and see if it solves the problems.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
It was the white 4 wire stator connector. Replaced with weatherpack and it seems to be working fine now. Will post pic later

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
6DB059CE-BE00-4318-8053-9A5D3CE10110.jpeg50020C3F-C2AD-4699-8ACB-EDE336CE9019.jpeg30ABC934-D96A-4C36-8DB8-21D1A9F44326.jpeg
this is the bad stator connector. Symptoms were no headlight, no taillight, no gauge power, and would not stay idling. Replaced this connector with 4 pin weatherpack and everything works as it should.

Premium Features