• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016/17 Big Horns N/S Snow conditions

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Rode the southern end again on Wednesday to try the new set up out. Still 2-3 feet of bottomless sugar. It has not changed just look at the snotel. I will report back if we do get a freak dump but I am starting to wonder if the snow gods hate the bighorns this year.
df3558d31b673d42e852e41bc03c1e31.jpg

jonsonfire81

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2009
Iowa
Has there been any new snow? Wanting to bring my wife out on the 10th. Will it be worth the drive from Iowa, or should we keep looking?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Has there been any new snow? Wanting to bring my wife out on the 10th. Will it be worth the drive from Iowa, or should we keep looking?

No new snow. Temps at the bottom of the mountain have Been 48-59 the last two days. If I were you. I'd go to the snowys

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
We rode a day early on the south side. An easy 6 to 8 inches fell Monday night. Sunday it was pure sugar under the crust. My 13 year old took out an a-arm Sunday so be careful

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
They got just under a foot in spots out of this last one, made the conditions.back to rideable. We had alot of the first tracks everyahere. Should be great for the vintage ride this weekend at elk view.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
1 last trip

They got just under a foot in spots out of this last one, made the conditions.back to rideable. We had alot of the first tracks everyahere. Should be great for the vintage ride this weekend at elk view.

Josh, looking to make one last trip, How is it out there now? Bear lodge said people are riding. Any info is great looking to head out tomorrow or Monday. Thanks in advance
Josh

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
its getting cooked quick. its rideable. we made fresh tracks all morning before the vintage races today. but all those people went out riding afterwords. and theres another day in the weekend to get it tracked up. Monday it might rain up there. might snow too. today would be the day to be up there

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
How is the snowpack out there? I've never ridden the horns before, but was thinking about heading out tuesday with a buddy. I have done plenty of spring riding in other areas and am fine with less than ideal conditions. I'm more interested in knowing how far from bear lodge you have to go to get to the reliable spring snowpack. I know I can make it all happen in the Snowies, but the horns look like they have some nice spring pow on the way.

bigrig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
LAKE PARK, IA
I'm watching also. Haven't been there for a couple years. We might wait till Friday. Probably ride north out of medowlark area. Glad to see someone on Snowest this late in season. Keep us posted if you go!

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
If anyone has any more info on the snow conditions up there keep us posted. The forecast shows more on the way Thursday. I may be up for a ride on Saturday if the weather pans out.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
That picture is from story at the base of the mountain which received about the same as the top of the mountain. I'll be looking at heading up this weekend if the weather cooperates

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Went up yesterday there was 8" on top of the crust. A guy could really put some miles on if they wanted. It snowed another 2-3" while we were there and it's snowing heavy right now at the bottom.

Premium Features