• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Big Horns N/S Snow conditions

bigrig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
LAKE PARK, IA
Sorry Snowcop, heading there now. Riding Friday and Saturday. Should have it all tracked up by then. Big black dodge at Elk view.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Finally good snow. Multiple crust layers make it interesting and hard on the arms. Best snow all year by far.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where did you ride today? I would like to maybe get about half way between deer haven and bear lodge. Park at granite pass maybe.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Just got back from the Horns. Found some good snow. The better snow I saw was around Granite Pass, Woodchuck, and High Country. Weather was warm through the weekend into yesterday. A lot of snow was lost around Bear and Elkview lodges over the last 3 days and is getting thin. Snow was very hard and icy this morning. Still had a great time. I was stuck more times over the last 3 days than I have been over the last 2 years. Maybe I can blame it on the snow conditions and learning on a new to me sled. certainly cant be my fault.

013.jpg

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Both sleds found, no riders. Hey people, never leave your sleds if stuck or lost. Learn from Rulon Gardiner's mistake. You leave your sled, then they have to come find you after they find your sled; plus think about all the energy it takes to walk through snow with all that gear at a higher elevation than what you live at.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Both sleds found, no riders. Hey people, never leave your sleds if stuck or lost. Learn from Rulon Gardiner's mistake. You leave your sled, then they have to come find you after they find your sled; plus think about all the energy it takes to walk through snow with all that gear at a higher elevation than what you live at.

Thanks for the info and update. Please keep it up on here.

Premium Features