• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Summit 800 check engine light

C
Apr 15, 2008
shingletown,ca
Bought used 2014 800 Summit from dealer (demo) 875 miles at end of may,took for maiden voyage ,got 1/4 mile down trail with 12 inches of powder and check engine light came on with what sounded like 1 beep,shut off ,restart run back to truck and around parking lot got light to come on again what sounded like 4 beeps,temp is perfect engine runs perfect,pulls really strong,but that check engine light keeps tripping,I'm running 93 octane ethanol free fuel ,ski doo full synthetic,and cannot retrieve fault code from gauge cluster,any help would be appreciated,switched from polaris so I didn't have to deal with crankshafts,now I get a check engine sled, Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Frustrating,

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I've forgotten to plug the air intake temp sensor back in before, after having the hood off. EGT probes all tight?

Getting the gauge to display codes can be a little tricky. I can't remember if I had better luck clicking high beams on/off then holding the gauge M button while continuing to flash high beams, or holding M then flashing high beams. Eventually it works out as long as the code is active. It doesn't seem to store codes though. Not sure if thats normal?

Last edited:
C
Apr 15, 2008
shingletown,ca
Yesterday I did notice that whole temp sensor was out of hole in intake horn reinstalled ,still tripped light,I know dealer was in there ,I wonder what else is not installed or plugged in, I am getting same feedback from other dealers that " yeah you can get codes sometimes ?" WTF ? If my mechanics gave vague answers like that they would be down the road! Thanks for the info

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
There's a small tube that connects the air intake plenum to the ECU that is also easy to forget to hook up. Maybe 1/8" ID hose, looks like a small fuel line. Plugs into the exhaust side of the ECU. That seems less critical to how the engine runs but check that as well. I think it's location is explained in the owner's manual in the section about removing the hood if you need more info.

Certainly a bummer about the dealer service dept. My only persistent engine code was due to a stator on it's way out. The sled ran like trash when that code became active, generally only under part throttle on the trail. Ridden hard it was fine.

C
Apr 15, 2008
shingletown,ca
Got home tonight and checked,sure enough the tube going to ecm is not hooked up and missing.you think this could trigger a check engine light,pulling hood right now to find where tube is Thanks Goinboardin,good eye!

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I don't think the pressure tube is very critical, with a mesh hood and modified intake I have ran mine plumbed to intake and unplugged with no discernable difference.

The intake temp sensor and RAVE tubes should trigger codes if unplugged. Hopefully that sorts out the issue. That's pretty bad if the dealer left all 3 of those items unplugged, exactly why I try to do as much of my own work as possible.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Happy to help. I too went from an Edge RMK to an XM to get away from crank issues and just generally ride more. Good luck Sunday! Make sure EGT probes are snugged down while you're in there. 18mm if i remember right.

C
Apr 15, 2008
shingletown,ca
Right on,hooked everything up tonight,fired sled up idles a lot smoother on start up,before windshield was rattling around,until warm.Now super smooth,super stoked to take this out.Didnt think I would be working on a fairly new sled on first ride but,now I know ,CONSTANT tinkering. Will update Sunday

Premium Features