• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 questions

sabels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Flatlands
Hello, looking at a left over 2014 SnoPro 162 for a pretty good price but reluctant to pull the trigger yet. Question 1, what needs to be done right out of the crate or is it truly a box stock rideable? Question 2, is the evo stage 2 the way to go or will it expose the next weakest link and put me into endless upgrades until I have it "right"? Question 3, stock skis seem like they are not the ski for that sled so what is the general idea on a good ski for the sled? Question 4, belts, are these still belt blowers and will I be shelling a 160 dollar belts every 100 miles? Thanks for your help/opinions!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Just my opinion...

If you are riding it with stock power levels, I would recommend the following:
- Hyvo chain and gears with a manual chain tensioner
- For peace of mind, a TCL delete. (As far as being belt blowers, this is dependent on if the motor is aligned properly, clutch parallelism and offset are correct).
- Skis are a personal choice - some like Slydogs, Powder Pros, etc, etc. I personally like a "light" ski, so after trying 7" Slydogs, Powder Pros, Mohawks, and MODS, I settled on the Polaris Gripper (personal preference).
- Venting and header / turbo blankets a great add on - there is a LOT of heat generated in the engine compartment.

FWIW, I have a 13 SnoPro Ltd and have never blown a belt, but I did check motor / clutch alignment before I ever rode it. Stock chain was junk at 500 miles. I added a Stage 3 TCL delete, Team Tied, and C3 Belt drive to give me peace of mind in the backcountry when rocking the EVO Big Chute kit. Did I NEED to do all of the reinforcements? Probably not, but it only makes sense to beef up the driveline when adding power, and I plan to keep this sled for awhile - it's the most fun I've had with my clothes on...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I would make sure you get the 7-tooth driver kit. The hypo chain and manual tensioner is a good idea. Seen a number of chains come apart. As far as skiis go, the stockers pretty much suck. I would try to ride other machines with different skis and see which ones you like, Mohawks, powder pro, Slydogs, Simmons. The two must haves id start with are EVO 215 ecu tune and an aftermarket can. Added power, less weight and way better sound, priceless.

Premium Features