• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro 800 excessive oil in exhaust & mid range cut out

Jan 20, 2016
Hi, I'm looking for some help on my 2014 pro 800. Last season it ran perfectly until the last ride of the season. Before that ride I added the following upgrades: SLP single pipe & can, PCV Fuel Injection Module& & Clutching. The last ride was also a late spring ride with temps in the 60's.

I noticed my sled smoked a lot more than usual when I got it back from the shop after adding the pipe & can & PCV. It also left a lot of oil residue below the can and in the belly pan.

During the ride it bogged really easily on the trail until I could open it up and burn off the excess oil, then it seemed to run fine once it was past 3/4 throttle. It had little power at 1/2 throttle and cut out a couple times leaving me in a bad situation.

Does the PCV adjust the oil injection pump? Could this just be a combination of temperature and the wrong map installed?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
SLP maps are too fat and with warm days you will be way too rich in fuel. (i would first double check you have the correct map in the PCV).

Join dynotech ($25) and get much better maps.

PCV does not adjust oil pump. Check and see if your oil pump linkage has popped off, the oil pump goes wide open when the linkage is not connected.

Premium Features