• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Togwotee Snow Conditions

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Snow was really god out by brooks lake today, road out by jewels bowl, could not get up there due to lack of riding skill in the group, plus some of the ravines were not full enough, but none the less we had a killer day riding the trees by jewels bowl plus out the south east side down ungroomed trail h. Snow was real good back in there, took out the prope and hit 4 1/2 feet. Still lots of stumps/landmines out there but worth the trip. Could use another shot of snow but the forecast ain't looking to bright, hope this helped fellas! Supposed to be cold tomorrow -25 to -45

uploadfromtaptalk1419927741156.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419928182274.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419928336661.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419928449922.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419928486366.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419928687389.jpg

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
heading to Togwotee tmrw. am

Will be ridinging 1/1/15 and 1/2/15. Be back 1/4/15 will try and give a report and post some pics then! looks like the temp is going to be nice on the 1st, hope you all did not track it up to much!!! I know, I know there is a lot of space out there!

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
TML Sux in my opinion

Togwotee Moutain Lodge sux. For the price you pay and for the service you get it is not worth it.... where do I start??? Check in is at 4pm, we tried to check in early but they would not allow... so we came back at 3:50pm... still could not check in, finally at 5:15pm we were allowed a key to our room. Don't you think they would buy us dinner or give us a discount (nope)? Then they want reservations to eat. So we made reservations and again service was slow and food was just ok but way over priced. We had an issue with one of our sleds (iced up we think) and asked the shop for some help. All the employees we talked to were very helpful and friendly but the shop manager (boss) was a complete jerk. Because of this guy alone I would advise / suggest you not stay at TML.

Anyone else had poor service at this place? Bottom line, we will NEVER go back! (did I mention that the rooms are over $200 a night!)

suggest staying in Dubois, Lava, Crooked Creek, Line Shack etc.

As far as the snow, it was good. Not the best but very worth the 14 hr. trip!!

Last edited:
L
Jan 7, 2013
Casper Wyoming
Togwotee Moutain Lodge sux. For the price you pay and for the service you get it is not worth it.... where do I start??? Check in is at 4pm, we tried to check in early but they would not allow... so we came back at 3:50pm... still could not check in, finally at 5:15pm we were allowed a key to our room. Don't you think they would buy us dinner or give us a discount (nope)? Then they want reservations to eat. So we made reservations and again service was slow and food was just ok but way over priced. We had an issue with one of our sleds (iced up we think) and asked the shop for some help. All the employees we talked to were very helpful and friendly but the shop manager (boss) was a complete jerk. Because of this guy alone I would advise / suggest you not stay at TML.

Anyone else had poor service at this place? Bottom line, we will NEVER go back! (did I mention that the rooms are over $200 a night!)

suggest staying in Dubois, Lava, Crooked Creek, Line Shack etc.

As far as the snow, it was good. Not the best but very worth the 14 hr. trip!!

Are you talking about the old guy that actually works on the sleds?...because if you are, you should know that its not really a shop for customers' rides, its the rental shop, rentals come first...

When I smashed that a arm we rolled in 30 minutes past closing time and he was still there and offered to install it for 20 bucks. he was a awfully nice guy.. he did mention how he often deals with angry tourists that insist that he fix their rides RIGHT now when hes got rental sleds down that he is losing way more money on, so maybe thats why he got

I guess maybe we were a little more prepared than some people, we packed food and fuel for the week so didnt have to worry about . The only complaint I have about the place is my phone wouldnt connect to wifi. 200$ a night for 4 people is Dang cheap considering how far up on the mountain you are , and what all you get. I will def go back.

S

STEVE TWEET

Jan 20, 2010
I to agree with how good they are there. One of the guys in our group had a stator go out last year and he took the time to figure out why it would only run for a couple seconds then shut down. He even called down to Jackson to see if they had the part and all we had to do it go get it and he put it all back together for us. This all was during and after hours so we all chipped in some money and beer and he was a happy guy. We did not expect much help but before spending $250 a day to rent one we asked nicely first and he went way out of his way for us.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I too have been real impressed with the guys at the rental shop last few trips our group needed a little wrenching done real nice guys to deal with. We cook for ourselves in the cabins so cant complain about the restaurant.

ryan6308t

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
there has to be some over the hood pics after the storm went through??? any avalanche reports (natural or other)?

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Been riding out here the last three days they need snow but if you really look you can find untouched but its still pretty set up there will be a great base for the next big storm

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
TML is over priced!!

Just giving everyone a notice that TML (Togwotee Moutain Lodge) is way over priced. I stayed there and will not be going back. A few other places you can stay are 1/2 or 1/4 the cost. Some great guys working in the shop, all except the shop manager who is a jerk, poor customer service and another BIG reason to stay away from TML. I am not trying to mean just telling the honest to god truth!

When we were out it was tracked up pretty bad, need to get a guide to show you where the good stuff is. Hopefully they get dumped on as they do have an awesome base already!!:cool:

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Snow is packed flat right off the trails as usual. Have to get back into the trees to find soft snow, but no base to it. Spent today down the K trail. Snow just south of the V trail is garbage. Get a little better the further south and west on the K trail. Definitely need a good storm to roll through to freshen things up.

S

STEVE TWEET

Jan 20, 2010
Any updates from the weekend? Suppose to leave later this week and am wondering if its worth the 13 hour drive or should we reschedule for a week or two and see if there is a storm brewing? Staying at Lava mountain for the first time if that makes a difference.

Premium Features