• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013/14 Togwotee Snow Conditions

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
GOOD snow if you go and find it..lots and lots of tracks but mostly at the lodge area. All the "highways" are tracked.
East faces are loaded and moderate rated..Saw a slide that buried the rider, he luckily was recovered and was digging out his sled..Lucky!! We passed that in the A.M. and it was sketchy then..
If you don't know consider hiring a guide! $$ well spent. Be careful and there is good riding !

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I have never been dissapointed with riding areas in tog, we have been out there when the snotel is 32" and have found fun snow! Mn & Wi r fun for trails but too much private property, I would rather stay in my yard here and ride my sx track then trail ride, love goin to tog to explore the backcountry never have cancelled a trip! my .02

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
We're heading out tomorrow from central Wisco not even a thought of canceling. By the sounds of it you just need to know where to go.

Sent from my bagphone using tapatalk 2

S

STEVE TWEET

Jan 20, 2010
WE WERE THERE OVER NEW YEARS AND DECIDED TO BOOK ANOTHER TRIP RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD IT WAS THEN AND IT WAS SNOWING EVERYDAY. NOT THAT IT HAS NOT SNOWED FOR TEN DAYS, JUST CURIOUS WHAT IT IS STILL LIKE FROM GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE LAST WEEK IF IT IS WORTH COMING RIGHT AWAY AGAIN OR IF WE SHOULD RESCHEDULE FOR A FEW WEEKS FARTHER OUT. :face-icon-small-dis

Z

zx700

Jan 27, 2010
nw iowa
best snow?

I have a group of ten coming out west next wednesday. We are trying to decide what direction to head. Tog,snowies,bighorns,steamboat. Any suggestions from the guys that have been out there recently? We have ridden the snowies for years and are thinking about trying something different.

sconnierider

Premium Member
Nov 10, 2010
Madison, WI
TML bound...

Hey Lefty, I hear great things about you. Well.....the individual that's telling me this is pretty sketchy..... But That ditch pickle rider you know in Beloit, WI knows how to pour a glass of Crown so that makes up for a myriad of woes!
I am part of the group (13) guys heading out and largely showing up Sunday. Mike might be there Saturday. He says that your the sh$t so I'm looking forward to riding with you.

Sorry about the sticks in advance! I got your first 3 beers......

DJ

X
Dec 1, 2007
NW Iowa
Tog Riding

Rode the last 3 days with a group of 10 from Iowa. Been 30ish during the days, snowed a bit late yesterday. Matt from TML toured us around and we had a great time. All the meadows right off the trail are beat down really good, but Matt found us a completely untouched area that we spent the entire day on today. Powder, climbs, stucks, crashes, the works..... Was the most fun I've had on a sled trip in years. Kudos to Matt for challenging some of the newbies in the group and finding us some great riding!

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Heard the lineshack at union pass was closed, anyone know? They still have gas on union pass?Hows the snow holding up at togwotee?

Premium Features