• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats released - M800 & M1100 Turbo photos

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
M1100 Turbo HCR

DSC_9974.jpg

WOW!!

that sled is mean looking!!!

thanks for the input Amber!!!!!

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Any indication the M800 oil tank can be easily removed? In the pic it appears to be integrated into the chain case cover. I intend to pre-mix almost immediately, but this set-up is making me nervous.

M800 engine compartment shot. The production oil filler neck is said to be still in the development stage.

DSC_0526.jpg

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
The more I see the more I like! Rear idlers attached together, captive nut on the adjuster bolts for one wrench adjustments.

Lower a arms will always take some abuse but the uppers are ball joint mounted and way out of harms way, should be mo better.

I can see the outer surfaces of the spindles looking like hell in a hurry but that is minor...

One thing the weight mongers are going to like is the amount of snow this sled will not hold compare to the old ones. That glacier that builds in the front suspension will have nowhere to collect anymore, as well as the whole rear pan around the heat exchanger tubes.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Any indication the M800 oil tank can be easily removed? In the pic it appears to be integrated into the chain case cover. I intend to pre-mix almost immediately, but this set-up is making me nervous.

I bet covers that replace the tank for pre-mixers as well as belt drives to replace the chain appear even before the season starts. I wonder if they are developing the oil neck so that you don't dribble 2 stroke all over the exhaust can?

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
So now its even HARDER to change spark plugs?????

That is _NOT_ what I wanted to see :scared::face-icon-small-sad

Looks pretty easy to me,pop pipe springs off,take pipe off and total access to plugs. 5 min job max..

Not like you should be changeing plugs all the time...

I like what I see in the pics.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
I bet covers that replace the tank for pre-mixers as well as belt drives to replace the chain appear even before the season starts. I wonder if they are developing the oil neck so that you don't dribble 2 stroke all over the exhaust can?

I gotta agree with this. Fasttraxx and other will prob have billet chain case covers out by the time the snow flys.

Even if you leave it there it really wont be much weight as it is made out of mag and not aluminum.I bet no more then 1/2 pound.

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
I gotta agree with this. Fasttraxx and other will prob have billet chain case covers out by the time the snow flys.

Even if you leave it there it really wont be much weight as it is made out of mag and not aluminum.I bet no more then 1/2 pound.

I hear ya both in this regard, but it's still unfortunate. Pre-mix is usually the best bang for the buck weight loss, ~$20 for a zerk'd oil pump cover and you lose 5-10 lbs. IMO it also improves reliability. Be a shame having to buy an entire case cover as well.

Rather not leave the tank in either. Removing it would open up the exhaust side that much more in combo with an aftermarket can to help with cooling/airflow.

No biggie, but maybe they will address this in some way come production.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Looks like you could just unbolt the tank from the cover but who knows.

As for telescoping bars, the photo on the cat site and the specs of the XF 800 SP High Country show it with telescoping bars. Going to be a bit disappointed if they pull that feature on that model.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
I hear ya both in this regard, but it's still unfortunate. Pre-mix is usually the best bang for the buck weight loss, ~$20 for a zerk'd oil pump cover and you lose 5-10 lbs. IMO it also improves reliability. Be a shame having to buy an entire case cover as well.

Rather not leave the tank in either. Removing it would open up the exhaust side that much more in combo with an aftermarket can to help with cooling/airflow.

No biggie, but maybe they will address this in some way come production.

I agree,pre mix is one of the first mods I will do also. One less thing to go wrong,less weight and if the tank can go away it will open up quite alot of room for venting or whatever.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
ya its full on desert truck front end.it should be one of the smoothest setups out there.evols on the hcr ...nice.

Great thread! When I first saw the FRONT suspension on the pro climb it really caught my eye. I still can’t stop thinking about it. I would love to have it on my proride. I’m betting the aftermarket suspension makers are also into it. Though there is still more to improve on, I think AC just raised the bar. It is a nearly complete package from the handle bars to the skis. It will only get better.

Suspension technology is vital in off road racing or performance for any application. It goes without saying that the latest desert racing suspension technology in unreal. Last years technology seems to become outdated each year.

Hasn’t Tucker been racing with this. If so he has already more than validated the new front suspension if you have been watching him. Did AC surrender to a little more exposure? A little, but for me all I can see is the overall geometry. Consider how it will make this act like an almost perfectly progressive spring on a long travel suspension with more control transfered directly to the handlebars, especially if you consider the aftermarket shock possibilities. Consider how you might be able to tune it to your liking more than anything out there so far. Consider how it will even out the obstacles so you don't have to absorb as much in your arms and body. Consider what that will do for maintaining your body position, saving your energy, and maintaining control.
If you still doubt this snowbreaking up to date design in front suspension technology that AC has given you, you might consider seeking counseling for your contrary nature. It is undoubtedly causing you problems in your relationships.

Hope this link works for you. Sorry I couldn't do better. Kudos to the AC engineers if this works like it appears.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=BNV7Te7lK8XyrAG5qNnwBQ&ved=0CBcQ9QEwAA

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Guys, read again on page 2 Amber Holts analysis of the M800 and M1100T. This may answer alot of continued questions.

--For example--

--"All models have a light and very nimble feel due to correct geometry design"

--"feels nothing like the M series"

--"on pivot, there is no other sled to date that is plusher or more docile in tight technical terrain"

--"this new chassis for a smaller rider or a female will be a perfect fit"

--"the ProClimb series is a step above current products available as to its refined geometry" (in reference to a Polaris Pro)

--"M1100T will truly change how riders recieve a 4 stroke for tight technical terrain"

--"it cannot be compared ...and is a whole new animal"

--"09 M1000 turbo chassis feels primitive beside the ProClimb M1100T"

--"downhill carves are easier to execute on the ProClimb chassis even on the right side than any other sled I have ridden"

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Sound to me do not even bother with the Polaris Pro. You would be down 20 HP and have an "outdated" chassis. I believe the Pro is still a really good machine, but apparently not the best you can buy.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
--Sound to me do not even bother with the Polaris Pro. You would be down 20 HP and have an "outdated" chassis. I believe the Pro is still a really good machine, but apparently not the best you can buy.

The Pro Ride still has it's groundbreaking and leading strength's that also deserve credit. I'm sticking with it (for now). :face-icon-small-win There are many other factors that each individual prefers or works well with. Just imagining it with the front end handling improvement that it appears AC has developed. Ya and HP too. Wow wouldn't that be something. I have to admit Ryan and Amber make some great observations from their very valuable perspectives along with the video's and pics from AC that are very deserving of attention.

So the Pro Climb also appears to be a good overall package, even though it may also be lacking in a few areas for some that I will leave up to you cat lover's to criticize here on your own turf since you already are. I haven't ridden one and it's not my place to say. Just giving credit where I think it is due and sharing in your excitement.

Again. Kudo's to Cat and all the groundbreaking developers in the snowmobile industry. This thing looks awesome. It's great to know that technology developments are coming faster all the time. Two years in a row now with great new developments in the industry just from the major manufacturers. Add the aftermarket developers and wow. Ski Do also deserves credit for the XP developments and where they lead. Yamaha deserves credit for their 4 stroke mountain snowmobiles that have lead here to the new 1100's. We are having too much fun. I'm distracted from my work.

I'm sure I will be seeing a lot of you on the Pro Climb. Good Luck deciding on which one. If AC is your religious preference, maybe you will let me take it for a spin and try again to convert me. I'm sure it's obvious that it has my attention.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I haven't changed spark plugs since before 2005

Perhaps, but I'm thinking turbo here :D

Actually though, in all honesty I haven't fouled a plug since I switched over to 100 LL AV gas. That stuff works pretty well for a turbo application.

I'm just thinking about tuning for mod sleds ... its nice to be able to take plug readings without burning the piss out of your hand :(

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Yeah, I believe all the manufactures deserve credit for their respective innovations and designs.

--As far as Mtn specific sleds go--

--1996 Skidoo Summit
--1997 Polaris RMK700
--Rev and XP chassis from Skidoo
--M chassis from Cat
--Pro chassis from Polaris
--ProClimb from Cat
--2013 who knows what from Skidoo
--Yamaha kept the 4 strokes in the game and who knows what is in the future

Premium Features