• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M8 Tips

L
Nov 27, 2007
Picking up an 08 M8 162" this week to go out West week of the 20th. Will be in West Yellowstone area, boondocking and climing. Since time is short, I need some quick suggestions on first mods (and any other tips with this sled or suggested quick mods):

1. Can/Silencer
2. Riser Block
3. Clutching

Thanks for any help!

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
if you put a can on it dont put an mbrp they are causing some of them to run ****ty, i put a 3" bar riser in mine and its awesome, not needed tho, im not sure what altitude your going to be riding in but most dealerships arnt putting heavy enough weights in stock.

C
Nov 29, 2007
Minnesota/Wisconsin
Riser is kinda personal. I'm 5'11" the stock hight is ok for me when I've rented M seris sleds in the past, but I'd stick a 2"er in for sure when I buy my own so I can keep my back straighter.

Other than that shouldn't you ride it first to get a feel of what you would want clutching or motor mods to improve upon?

Last edited:

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
I have a 08 M8 153. 2" pivot riser (ROX) and a SPI can, 7lbs weight savings and stock sound with all of the HP. Love this sled!! The stock clutching on the 08 is pretty good. Keepthe weights on the heavy side 7650rpm seems to be best.

Premium Features