• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1000

M
Feb 5, 2009
I will be riding in Island Park, ID soon. I have a 2008 M1000 (slp pipe, y pipe, can and power commander kit) all set up for the Big Horns. Do I need to change anything for Island Park? It seems the elevations are pretty close for an average. Thoughts?

Also I have ECU code 17 show up at low RPMs but when I hit the throttle is goes away. Should I just replace the exhaust sensor and are there cheaper aftermarket car/truck sensors that work?

Thanks

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
I would definitely replace it, and yes, there are less costly options than going to your dealer. I had one that was right on the edge of going bad and was making my ecu flip out. One minute she was running great and the next it would flip me over the bars when it stalled out. For some odd reason it was making my ecu flash a bunch of different codes on the gauge so it was hard to diagnose, but once I replaced it my sled ran great again.

Here is a thread with info on the lower cost auto exhaust sensor that will work as a replacement.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255092

As for your mapping, I think you should be fine. According to SLP their maps will compensate for elevation changes. If your numbers are good they will be good wherever you are. I don't change anything from high to low elevation riding and I haven't had any problems. (at least none that are related to the mapping)

Last edited:

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
What are you running for clutching in the 'Horns? My Dad just bought an 07 with the same set up as yours and only has clutching for MN. We are heading to 'Horns in Feb and need to re-clutch it.

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
I am running slp's recommended clutching with their mtx weights. The problem with them is that the spider has to be shimmed in order to make them work.

I have heard good things about mds weights. If I were to do it over again I would probably go with mds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Any idea what weight they are? I would like to just buy stock type weights.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
He just bought the sled and it is clutched for Mn. What mds weights does he need for the horns and how does he set them up?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
He just bought the sled and it is clutched for Mn. What mds weights does he need for the horns and how does he set them up?

You should check out the cutler adjustable weights as well. A little different adjustable design. In the end either weights are a good product

M
Feb 5, 2009
Replaced Sensor

Thanks for the link for the 2011 chevy sensor. I have installed it on my sled and all the codes went away. Hopefully this will do it. It was about 50 bucks or so. The part number is the correct number on that link.

Thanks again.

Premium Features