• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU 17 then ECU 16 and losing gauge/EGT power

S

snopro@

Feb 15, 2008
Leadville, CO
2010 Arctic Cat M8 Snopro 162" w/ Boondocker pump gas turbo VOHK

Was out for a ride last weekend and the sled started displaying ECU 17. I knew that was Pipe temp sensor, not huge, but decided to head back to the trailhead. About 30 minutes later it started to display ECU 16. Still on the way back to the trail head. Then the sled started to intermittently lose power to the dash gauge, the EGT gauge and the Electronic Boost controller. It started running a little rougher. As I was limping it it back to the trailhead, the gauges (EBC and dash) would shut off, then come back on, etc... The gauge would display ECU 16 and ECU17. The Boon docker fuel controller never lost power.

I was finally able to get time to look at it a bit today and when I started it up it only flashed ECU 17. I've ordered the chevy Exhaust temp sensor and am waiting on that. Would the pipe temp sensor failing caused these issues?

I checked for the common shorts, unplugged the tail light and checked (then moved) the wire under tank.

Any other thoughts?

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
I replaced my EGT sensor over the holidays. It continued to flash ECU17. I had used the GM sensor and ordered a second. When disconnecting the first replacement unit, one of the wires from the sled side of the connector fell out of the connector. I cut the POS connector off and just used water proof bus connectors and the code cleared. Check that connector good before replacing the probe. For the other issues, it definitely sounds like a loose ground.

Premium Features