• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 yamaha rx1

R
Apr 25, 2008
looking for a new sled
i was kinda thinking about looking for a four stroke thats turboed and see how those are. ive never ridden a turboed sled but i heard they wail.
does anyone know how the yamaha rx1s where.
-reliability
-power
-the ride
i mainly want more power for the hillclimbing.
any suggestions?

F

Flying Snow

Nov 28, 2007
South dakota
i got a 03 rx-1 with a 04 motor in it, has a rear mount bender. Its very easy to tune because it has a single jet in the charge tube. I just had it in canada , running on 5 pounds of boost and was more than enough for what i was doing. I turned it up to 10 and it ripped. Im selling it if you are looking?

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
There was a guy from Salmon Arm BC that worked alpine Motorsport and he had 27000km or 16875 miles on his before a rod.He was running no head shim and the only reason it blow I heard was because of running it a 20psi.That should say alot right there about reliablity.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Go for it!!!
Once tried a boosted Yamaha theres no way back!
Mildly boosted with a kit set up right reliability is not compromised, lightyears better then any 2-stroke and in pair with a stock 4-stroke, if you do your homework.
When years passes by (03-04 sled) rubber hoses may crack, not a big deal, but if it happens in the field it can be frustrating, but if you inspect them a couple of times a year you'll be fine.
My sled isn't that old but many of my friends run RX1 MCX and they run extremely well!
They run ~12lbs with a headchim on premium pump fuel.
Happy Boosting everyone!

B
Jan 3, 2008
Power is unreal at 12lbs...

On my 03 with the Mc Express rear mount. already has a head shim, so I run pump fuel. I just wished I had the opportunity to point it at something that challenges it. LOL, John

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
i have a turbo RX-1 for sale. running 10-12 pounds. i also have a supercharged apex on 11 pounds for sale. PM me if you want more info on either one. i would love to sell one. or both.

Premium Features