• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1M 900 efi lost spark

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
This is on my buddies sled. Riding yesterday and it just dies. No spark. Nothing obvious so we towed it off the mountain. Its a 2004 1M 900 EFI. Anyone else seen this? When you pull it over the head light still glows, I assume that the ignition is run off the lighting coil on the stator, or is there a separate ignition circuit on the stator? Also I hear talk about the new sleds needing resistance across the lighting circuit or it will damage something. Is the old 1M the same? can I just unplug the head lights without any trouble? It has been running with no head lights plugged in for the last 3-4 rides.

Also, already unplugged the kill switch on the handle bars. That didnt help.

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Lighting coil and ignition coil are two different coils on the stator. You can lose the ignition and still have lights or vice-versa. Check the kill switch out first then you have to put a ohm meter to the stator wires. Could have lost a coil too.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Found it, Broken blue whit wire coming off of the stator. looks like it has been slowly rubbing though. fianlly broke, fixed that fired right up.

Premium Features