• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1997 MM700 gripwarmers

mutley531

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton, UT
I bought a sweet 1997 MM700. It is lightweighted, ported, runs excellent, and handles really well. It surprises a few people by what it can do. The problem is the previous owner didn't have handwarmers on it. I'd like to have handwarmers (mostly because this is a second sled, so the people who ride it would really appreciate them). Can anyone tell me what wires to look for to hook the handwarmers to? I looked at the sled and talked to the previous owner. I don't see anything obvious, and I've looked at yamaha's parts diagrams which don't give much insight, but the previous owner says he left enough wires there to hook handwarmers back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
There will be two wires coming out with the wires by the handlebars. One will be black and the other will be yellow with red tracer. The warmers worked in series back then. You would hook one wire from each warmer to the two wires at the bars then the other wire on each grip go together. I would use the stock grips if you can, they worked awesome. Shad

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
They will be single wires with bullet connectors on them. They will come from where the other wires come up the bars to the controls. They are usually under the foam pad if its stock but maybe someone tucked them down. Shad

mutley531

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton, UT
Thanks for the help. I think I've got it figured out. The yellow wire with red tracer comes from the ignition switch. On my sled the whole switch was removed and replaced with a mx type kill switch. A yellow wire with black tracer feeds into the switch. This wire has been cut down on my sled, so I'll have to extend it and try it out.

Premium Features