• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

153 powerclaw on a 155 dragon cando??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you wanted to run a 151" on a 155.. you would have to cut off the tail of the rail and the idler wheel mount and install the kit from Avid (Holz doesnt make it any more.
OR get custom rails and sell yours. The custom rails will cost about $125 more than you can sell your old rails for.

These use the stock axle but need 8" idlers.

Avid rail adapters...
Rail_Adapter_Kit.jpg

https://www.avid-products.com/store/ProdDet.cfm?ProdID=104

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
If you are running the Powerclaw, I would recommend the 7 tooth if you want to get the most out of the track and not loose hp to a choked off tunnel... the stock clearance is poor to start with.

Here is a photo of a tunnel (upside down) showing the rubbing of a STOCK 2.4" track on the tunnel... Polaris did not put much thought into the clearance of the track in this area.
Resizedforposting.jpg

I went out and looked at my 08 600 since I happened to have the skid out and at the powder coaters and sure enough my track has been rubbing on the front 8" of both two coolers. Makes me glad that I am deciding to trim the nubs off the track to make it about a 2.15" down from the 2.4". Also adding three 1" screws in each paddle. Just waiting for them arrive, then I am ready for the snow. :D

Premium Features