• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 M8000 reliability

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
Right now I'm planning on buying a new sled and I currently have an 2013 pro rmk 600 with a clutch kit and I have looked at two sleds and it is an 2015 m8000 LTD 153 and a Polaris Scandinavian beast 800 155

I'm currently lean more to the m8000 because I think it would be a more fun sled for my use, but right now the main decider is the reliability, I know the Suzuki 800 is bulletproof and the Polaris motors is blowing up to all the time but I want as low down time as possible and I don't want to carry a tow rope around

Only problem I have had with my current pro is belt heat, blown quickdrive belt (at 3000 miles so I can't complain although it probably blew because of extreme track ratcheting) and a-arm glue coming apart

Just take make it clear I abuse my sled pretty hard

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the 15 is a solid sled but it does have a few items that need be addressed

replace the chain and gears the 15 and older chain sucked
the 15 and back stock primary will only live about 2k miles the 16 up is a better clutch.

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
the 15 is a solid sled but it does have a few items that need be addressed

replace the chain and gears the 15 and older chain sucked
the 15 and back stock primary will only live about 2k miles the 16 up is a better clutch.

Does a chain from 16 and forward fit? Same width? Is 16 clutch bolt on? Does the secondary work good? Just out of curiosity, what does a 16 go for in the North America? In Sweden it costs around 10 500 usd

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I had/have both '14 and '15 m8000. Only issue with '14 in 2000 miles was a broken jackshaft. '15 shaft is updated. '15 has 1700 miles. Only issue with it has been spider in primary flying apart. I wouldn't ride a '15 without the '16 front end and Polaris gripper skis. A big difference. Reliability standpoint the '15 is above average and the only issues I know of are smaller items like the chain that Killiki mentioned above.

A used '16 in the western U.S. would be under 9000USD or under that. New leftover would be in the 9-10K range.

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
I have a -13 with more than 5000km ODO. Changed the factory belt @4000km (can't remeber exactly) only to have a good spare. Never blown a belt. Clutch was changed on service to the "Big fin" on all machines (bulletin). Opened chaincase and checked chain pre last season and no problem with gears, chain or tensioner but I will change chain and tensioner this summer as the service interval is 5000km and a chain is still cheaper than a chaincase. What i want to says is there will always be people breaking stuff, even if they are driving a tank. Be sure to check overall condition and if they don't have a reciept on "changed parts", I would mark these as NOT CHANGED PARTS and not trust the seller. 5000km is intervall for chain and pistons. The pistons would make at least 8500km from what i've heard.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust and clutching, Power Commander V.
Bearcat 660T -06 Stock!

Premium Features