• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 yz axle bolt??

J
Feb 1, 2010
Can somebody tell me what the axle bolt and washer looks like that timbersled can't seem to be able to send me. Anything special or can I get a bolt and washer from fastenal. Polaris told my dealer he needs the part nuber to order, buttt, they don't list a part number on the fit chart. So much for going with the company that has been in the game the longest. PI larisa you really f***ed this up!!!

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Are you sure your stock bolt doesn't work? I don't remember using a different bolt. I could be mistaken though.
Don't mean to offend, sorry if that's a stupid question.

Last edited:
J
Feb 1, 2010
Kit comes with a different front axle. Stock axle doesn't work with spacers. It says on the fitment chart it includes axle, bolt and washer. It appears a 3/8 bolt and washer should do it, but I would like to see what ts is supplying with the kit.

H
Nov 14, 2016
Golden, BC
I believe you're right, 3/8" bolt w/lock washer...about 1 inch long...It's part of the fit kit, they don't part it out.. My buddy bent his TS aluminium axle and had to order the whole kit.. I've used the hardware store fasteners before..

R
Mar 24, 2009
I was told by someone at Timbersled that 190 fit kits for Yamahas were shipped without the bolt, aluminum washer and lock washer and yes you do have to use the axle supplied in the kit as the factory axle won't work with the spindle. My fit kit didn't include the bolt and two washers. Polaris was supposed to have shipped these parts to the dealers that sold the kits that were missing the parts. The dealer is supposed to contact the buyers. The parts do not have separate part numbers but they are in a bag with other front spindle parts. The bag with all of those parts has a part number but the individual parts do not. If you look at the list of parts that are supposed to be in the bag it specifically shows the bolt and two washers even though they were not included in the bag. I learned all of this after sitting at the dealership for an hour and a half while the parts guy tried to figure it out, and couldn't. I finally talked to someone at Timbersled.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Kit comes with a different front axle. Stock axle doesn't work with spacers. It says on the fitment chart it includes axle, bolt and washer. It appears a 3/8 bolt and washer should do it, but I would like to see what ts is supplying with the kit.

Oh front axle, I gotcha.

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT

yes its just a 3/8 bolt and a large aluminum washer. grade 8 hardware store will suffice. might have to use a 3/8 steel fender washer (maybe double them up if they are flimsy) if your store does not have thick aluminum. to clarify, this is stuff I recieved in my fit kit. I ordered it in september and recieved it a few days later, it was before polaris took over

IMG_1341.jpg IMG_1342.jpg

Last edited:
U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
had two show up at the dealer about a week agoe, no explanation to them as too what it was for, i happen to get to that point in my install and went in to see if they new anything about parts missing from my kit, they asked me if this looked like it would work. Pretty much just in awe as to how big of a clusterF&$K Polaris has managed to create with this. How embarrasing

J
Feb 1, 2010
Update: received the missing parts today. Huge thanks to Rush44 and Mike Carr at snowbikekits.Com for their help. After a few attempts the correct information got to the right person and the parts were shipped overnight. Now all I need is more snow and time off from work!

S
Nov 14, 2020
Ran into this today. Swapped out the YZ axle for a WR axle. WR axle is a little longer so it allowed you to bolt everything up as per an oem application.

Premium Features