• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro

D
Feb 9, 2015
Is a 14 pro more reliable than the earlier years or is everything motor wise still the same? When do I need to start getting ready to tear down? I love the ride of the sled but hate the power. Was on an arctic cat and rode my dads new arctic cat and love the power. Anything I can do to bump it up a little without sacrificing pull an go of stock reliability?

B
Dec 3, 2007
Rogers, MN
By '14 they had fixed the early issues with the Quick Drive. I've heard from insiders that the 2014 model year for RMK was one of the best in terms of (lack of) warranty claims. Motor-wise, what I've heard is that they have made tweak every year to things like the fuel system, valves, etc. Each year is supposedly a little better than the last.

Rob

C
Dec 24, 2014
The 13-14-15 sleds are pretty reliable. Regardless I think the marginal motor needs a top end at 1500 miles and a total rebuild about 3000.

The only real power increases come from big bores, turbos or maybe slp stage 3-4 kits. Pistons and a head wake it up a little, but don't give you Cat or Doo 800 power.

C
Dec 24, 2014
So a fuel controller or loading a tune with a bullydog won't be very noticeable?

I wouldn't try to talk you out of a tune like that. The EPA has caused the lean areas in the mapping. Getting timing and fuel set for performance will make a difference. Check out TRS's exhaust valve spring changes too, woke my 14 up, holds rpm way better under heavy load.

Premium Features