• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 Pro rmk Gauge and handwarmer problems

H
Mar 23, 2020
My gauge and hand warmers have been going in and out, the check engine light will come on and the voltage will flash at low rpms. Then yesterday my gauge went out for most of the day before coming back on later with the check engine light and battery flashing. The headlight doesn't flicker, and neither does the brake light and it runs great. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and what the solution was

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
I have the same problem going on as you on a 2014 Assault except my hand warmers work fine.. I’m suspecting the 4 wire stator plug is the issue; you can see where the plug must have arced in the past and melted a small hole in the side of the plug.. It does not look like it has good connectivity on that plug.
The previous owner cut the wires to the thumb warmer also.. Maybe this is the issue.. I may solder the wires back in tomorrow to the thumb warmer and solder in a new waterproof plug for the stator and see if that solves it.

Sidenote: This sled did not do this last year; I blew the crank on the last ride of last year. I rebuilt the engine this fall and had a hell of a time getting that stator plug apart because it melted together from the arcing..

Last edited:
C
Dec 14, 2020
Check your voltage regulator and rectifier output.

Sounds like the AC side of the system is fine (lights), but the DC side of the system isn't happy.

Premium Features