• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 turbo throttle cable extension ?

D
Oct 8, 2012
I have a 2013 1100 turbo and am in need of a throttle cable extension powermadd does not offer anything for this sled as of rite now has anyone figured out what is working on these sleds yet ? It's ball end and not barrel end and the standard extended cat cable will not work

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
I contacted Motion Pro cables and they are custom making me a couple cables one +4 and +6. I should be getting them back in about two weeks. I will let you know then how they fit.

D
Oct 8, 2012
The telescopic cable will not work on the 1100 because the cable length is different and there isn't enough slack to adjust it is designed for the 2 stroke sleds

D
Oct 8, 2012
I am going with a 6.5 riser so only 3.5inch taller than stock I think i am going to try to use a powermadd extension but flip the cable around so the barrel end and the ball end match up in the plastic slide I just don't know if the ball end will fit correctly in the thumb throttle

D
Oct 8, 2012
We'll the I figured it out I used a powermadd extension but installed it backwards so that the barrel and ball fit in the slide correctly powermadd told me this would not work but I had to give it a try for myself and well needless to say it worked

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
Just got my longer cables back from Motion Pro. They fit and work just like the stock cable. They should have the pattern stored if anyone would like one made. I do have the +6" that I would sell. Charged me about $40.

devin_bajus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
Miniota manitoba
Just got my longer cables back from Motion Pro. They fit and work just like the stock cable. They should have the pattern stored if anyone would like one made. I do have the +6" that I would sell. Charged me about $40.

Ill take that cable off your hands

D
Oct 8, 2012
Yes but you will have to reroute brake line but I can tell you that the 6.5 riser is a lil bit much more than needed I am 6 foot and am going to switch it out with a 5 inch I also did the jt no snow inserts and it made me feel taller standing

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I am 6'3" and run a 4 inch. Sometimes I think another inch or two would be nice but I see your point.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I went with a 6" .. Going to install the 6" riser and the 2" back offset
The stock cable worked fine with the 6" riser but not long enough for the 2" back-offset....having to reroute the brake line.. will see how it works hop it's not to sloppy and receive cable back feed:face-icon-small-dis That's never cool

S/C

D
Oct 8, 2012
I did mine to a sled with vertical steering did u put your 6 inch on a sled with vertical steering if so I don't know how you got the factory cable to work unless it was longer than mine on my 13

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I also used the Powermadd extension

We'll the I figured it out I used a powermadd extension but installed it backwards so that the barrel and ball fit in the slide correctly powermadd told me this would not work but I had to give it a try for myself and well needless to say it worked

I had to slightly modify the cable end that snaps into the detent on the throttle block.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I had to slightly modify the cable end that snaps into the detent on the throttle block.

I noticed you don't have vertical steering. With it 4 inch is is the biggest block you can run. I have a 5.5 an a 6 from before I put vertical steering on and once I did I tried them and there is no way to get enough cable to make it work with out extensions.

Premium Features