• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 m8 motor mounts

S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
Looked on partshouse for a part # for the rubber motor mounts and all they want to sell is the whole bracket. I cant seem to find a # googling. Anybody have a lead on only the rubber inserts. Looking for oem rubber and is it fair to assume all 3 on primary side are the same? Thx

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If you have access to a press they are easy. I suppose you could do it with a hammer and large sockets or a pipe sleeve too. Just have to make sure you set them back at the depths they were at originally in the aluminum plates.

As far as removing the clutch side ones just pop off the clutches, 4 bolts on the motor, and three nuts on the mounts. Mag side is a little more buried. Not sure if there is one on the front of the motor like the M1000 had or not.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
a hammer and one socket almost the size of the mount and one socket just larger than it. put the big socket on the floor, set mount on it put other socket on top and give a few good hits and out it will come. repeat on install.

S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
Just an update on this job if you've never done it before. If you have the mechanical ability to remove the primary and secondary, you will be able to handle swapping pto and mag side mounts. On mine the bottom one was the only one not visibly cracked and was the biggest pain. Having said that i couldn't see not replacing it as well. Tip the sled on its side and remove the bottom cover. The allen head bolts on the bracket clamp are locktited in and it felt like the head was about to round out. Luckily neither did. I'd recomment tapping on the allen wrench to make sure it's fully seated in the screw. I contemplated a tad bit of heat for the locktite but i felt my torch was too big and would catch something on fire. A pencil torch would be perfect. Putting the bracket back in was the hard part. Not much room for your hand to get the center bolt and nut back on. It will take some finesse and creativity but it is doable. Prob took me an hour on the bottom one alone. Sides were easy.

Premium Features