• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 tnytro falling on it face when stabbing the throttle

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I have a 2010 turbo nytro, 210 hp with a power camander 3, I have bypassed the tors since I have a tether. looking for some help. It did this last year also before the turbo. It hesitates, misses, falls on its face for a split second right when I stab the throttle, mostly in the 3000-6000rpm range.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Sounds like it's lean when boost coming on. These sleds need extra fuel as soon as boost hits.
NM

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
So maybe I need a new map??? I had the fuel trims for low & mid range all the way up to 10%???

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So maybe I need a new map??? I had the fuel trims for low & mid range all the way up to 10%???
Does the PC3 recognize boost so it knows when to add fuel? Not sure how you could program on RPM alone.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
c'mon guys, sure Ulmer use a setup that recognizes boost, from his site:
PC3 info, Pressure Input
When using a Power Commander on turbocharged applications, the Boost input option makes it possible to have the fuel automatically increase with boost level. In situations where the user has an adjustable boost controller, this makes remapping each time the boost level is changed unnecessary.

It is problably a lean condition, i suggest calling Ulmer to sort it out.

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Ulmer is helping me out also, but i am looking for some insight from others that run boost alot. I am new to this whole turbo thing and what to get this thing right the next time I go west. I leave mey sled out in CO and I live in WI so its tuff for me to work on it 1000s miles away. Was looking for some help on clutching also?? some peaple have told me this is huge when running a turbo at 10000ft???? any help or input is great, thanks to everyone who is giving there 2cents!!!!

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
The MAP sensor should read the boost level, it gets hooked into the multi function hub, which is hooked into the PC3. Check the hose from your intercooler to the MAP sensor. It may be kinked or off possibly.

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Any one else got some input??? What every angle covered when I go back to CO to work on and ride??? If I cant get it right its going back to ulmer in a box of bolts!!!

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
You said that it did it before the turbo last year as well? My guess would have been the TORS, but you have eliminated that. Have you tried any other maps that Ulmer has? I had an issue with mine when in full throttle, it would momentarily fall on its face then pick back up. I have since put a new map in and it hasn't happened since. I can send you that map if you want to try it.

Premium Features