• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 XP needs more air

M
Oct 29, 2008
I love this sled, but deep powder continually clogs my left side air intake. Riding fast on top of the powder helps, but sometimes the snow will eventually freeze to it. Every 2 minutes have to stop and clear it off.

When the powder is several feet deep, I know it is a challenge for any sled, but it seems the XP side air vent is more prone to bogging down and causes a big loss of power and eventually getting stuck.

Any ideas on improving this? Snorkel kit? Duct tape some cardboard out & up high? :)

D

Dock

Dec 4, 2007
Langley BC
ya put 2 flow rights just to the left of your guages where it is flat drill though into the air box, put the flow rights into the holes on the surface and put house screen to cover the air box holes

N

nathaniel11

Sep 26, 2003
Marshall, Mn
Ive seen people that have put together a snorkel kit. They will tap into their airbox then run flexible piping up to the flat spot above the gauges right behind the windshield and plumb that piping into a couple of flowrites that way it will also suck air from another spot incase the stock intake freezes up. Just something that I have seen

D
Dec 31, 2007
n. idaho
do you have the cover for the foam? sort of a spandex looking material. i know skidoo makes them. i have it on my 07 but got it from slp. it made all the diff. in the world

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
We are running Timbersled kits on our XP's, and have had zero issues since we installed them. Install a screen kit / or drill some holes in the left side panel for cool air.

Work great!

M
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks all, so (2) 2" holes (SLP flowrite) into the airbox up high by the gauges sounds like the trick.

Doesn't that change the air to fuel mixture and cause other potential problems?

M
Dec 31, 2007
1 1/2 seasons--works good in any snow to date.

This is the easiest and cheapest. Will cure it 100% Have held mine wide open for 60s or more. Stock jetting is 2 sizes too rich so its works out perfect. My XP wouldn't even go 10 feet in pow now it doesn't miss a beat.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You can do two things. Install the SLP Florites in the back of the airbox. See photo below. Secondly, take the black screen off of your foam intake, soak it in Rain-X (don't skimp on this) lat it dry and then blow the screen with a blast of air from your air compressor. The Rain-X leaves a film on the screen that repels snow and water. I tried this last weekend and my screen stayed clean all day.

100_0599.jpg

Yes, I know that the right Florite needs replaced, BRP had a clamp on the coolant line that was rubbing. It has been fixed.

Premium Features