• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 or 10 XP?

T
Dec 9, 2007
Tahoe
i am in the market for a new Summit XP 800. I have been thinking about getting a 09 Summit 800 with a 154 for $8600 out the door and putting my Fox shocks. Or should I get a 10. What are the differences between the 09 and the 10?

Dec 22, 2008
EASTERN, UTAH
There has been a few threads on here speculating the weight, but not exactly sure.

I agree with Nate, go with the 09 save the $, get her dialed in and you'll be very happy!!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Rear susp mounting and calibration will be different. I doubt the actual weight will be much different, perhaps they are just being more accurate.

dirrtporr

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2008
Washington
troweller............. I have had the same dilemma. While I initially thought the 09 carry-over 800 Everest was the best choice, after punching in some numbers and doing some more digging I am going with the 2010 800 summit X's for my wife and myself. With the snowcheck X you already get the upgraded shocks and modul. They have changed the "handling package" which is suppose to help with sidehilling/ease of roll up (smaller diameter swaybar,reshaped rails, longer center shock, new rocker arm etc.) which was one of my main concerns. They have also raised and narrowed the seats this year, which was also a deciding factor. There is an article in the last snowest magazine about the 2010 sleds and all the changes. I doubt you can go wrong with either decision, but the changes were enough to push me towards the 2010.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Go with the 09 and save a couple thousand bucks or more. "X" model or not, BRP shocks suck azz.

I ripped the shocks off and put them on my totaled sled and sent it to salvage.

BRP isn't changing much at all. I paid 8200 for my 09 X. Why pay 11-12000 for that horrible orange color and BNG? There are plenty of holdovers around.

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Seriously considering 2010 154"X", talked with a couple BRP reps at the Jackson Hillclimb. Some pieces are being redesigned or beefed up, calibration & upgraded items in the suspension as stated. AS far as the Copper/Black X model, its looks alot better in person, but color is a personal choice. The black on the tunnel remains to seen whether it will holdup, all the sleds I've had thru the years ended up flaking off in places .

Last edited:
Premium Features