• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 ride with slp pipe

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I took out my 09 M8 today with the slp pipe installed and it runs strong. The place we rode up in driggs averaged 7000 ft, did not get to high. The sled was turning 7920 rpm with the stock 73 gram weights and a slp blue/yellow primary spring. I will leave it until I get to ride it in some deep snow, we were only trail riding in about 8-10". My buddy bought a new 09 XP and it runs strong right out of the box. In a race he would jump my 09 M8 by about 2 sled lengths and then I would start to catch him. That XP seemed super torquey should be a nice sled for him. My buddy also has a M8 and mine with the slp pipe is much stronger especially in the midrange and topend. The slp pipe really makes it rip on top. Overall I am very pleased with my M8. My buddies xp allready had pull rope issues only 10 miles into the ride. I hope he does not have a bunch of problems with it. My 09 M8 has the slp pipe and slp intake with no fuel box and ran great today. The new powerclaw track rips much harder than the previous years challenger, my buddy on his M8 loved the new track and sled. The one thing I did not like was how hard the snowcheck boss seat are. Can you say chaffing.

Last edited:
F
Feb 25, 2003
New Meadows Idaho
Same findings here. Only one ride so far this year but we had two m8sp one stock out of the box and mine out of the box with slp pipe and air box stock clutching. Much stronger mid range and top end. For our kind of riding it is just what i wanted. a little clutch work and I think it will be a runner.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
SLP really makes a difference. I might drop clutch weights a little but will wait for it to break in more because as it loosens I will gain more rpm. I did not think I would be able to turn the 73's that high.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
SLP really makes a difference. I might drop clutch weights a little but will wait for it to break in more because as it loosens I will gain more rpm. I did not think I would be able to turn the 73's that high.

Might try to add weight to the clutching. Should pull even harder.

Premium Features