• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 d8 clutch removal

J

jdetoy

Oct 14, 2009
lakewood, co
Trying to take my clutch off my 09 d8. Cranked the tool down asmuch as I could with a breaker bar, no dice. Going to pop it off with ATF and Teflon tape on the threads tomorrow. I have done this on other sleds should had just done it right away.
Was putting the bolt back in so not to loose it it goes through the clutch removal threads but will not thread into the crank.
I am guessing I jacked up the threads. So when I get the clutch off tomorrow. I am hoping to run a tap down the crank threads a fix the problem.
Anyone know what size tap to use for the crank threads? Or advice on what to do tomorrow.

C
Oct 29, 2008
I just went through this with a D8. I broke the tip off the clutch puller in the crank. I brought the sled to a machine shop and had them retap the threads.
I tried endlessly trying to get the clutch off and in the end all it took was a while lot of heat. I left the puller in with tension on It, heated it up a lot and it popped off.
This one was very stubborn and I tried every trick possible and the heavy heat did the trick.

Premium Features