• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 fix kit

H
Nov 21, 2012
I've done plenty of reading on this topic I have used the search feature and googled for hours now. With that said which would you choose for an 09 800 assault motor a long rod Indy Dan motor or fix kit? I have an 08 dragon 700 and I grenaded the cases and seized the motor. What should I do rebuild the 700 or get a 800 motor with all pieces included meaning injectors Nd throttle bodies for $2000 and just reflash my ecu, or send out the 700 motor for $161 to Dan and see if he can salvage anything to build me a long rod motor, or build the 700? Thanks.

Chris

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
7/800

First off Dan can fix some pretty ugly damage. Rods through the bottom of case, no problem. If money is tight, I would send him the 700 crank and case and then send the cylinder to Millenium or Lancourt and have them fix and replate it. They can fix broken skirts too. Have the clutch balanced and it will be better than new. You will probably be less money on the 700 crank than the long rod 800 and definately less on the cylinder.
If you do the 800, Dan will want to beef up the skirts on cylinder even with the long rod kit. I don't think you need to on the 700.

H
Nov 21, 2012
This is what Dan said. Send him the motor, he will look at it and he will estimate the damage and the rebuild price if I do not like the price estimate and tell him no, he will buy my motor from me and salvage what he can and he will eat my shipping cost to him. Only problem with that is I possibly have someone up here in Anchorage that might rebuild my 700 for me and do it up right and make some good power out of it. But he will need my motor to do the core replacements. That is my predicament.

http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=28988

Premium Features