• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 50th anv. Best Set up for out west

L
Aug 7, 2015
Need to know what the best set up is for going to to Tog. Just put a team clutch on. Wondering if there is anything else I need to do to it.

Summit97

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone Mn
A few things people will have to know. What size of track and motor. What kind of riding you going to do( Powder or tree riding maybe hill climbing)

Summit97

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
The best set up does not involve a team clutch....

Sorry.

"clutch kits" are designed around a general set up.

If you want a set up for YOU, then you need someone that can build one around your weight, area, sled and how you like your sled to work.

Call 612.718.3861 and talk to John.

I ride an '09 and it runs very, very good.

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
All sorts of things you can do. A good Clutch kit is the best bang for your buck. Setting up your primary to match up with the team clutch and your riding style is a first priority. You will find deep snow it tog make sure you have an intake sock/screen on your intake and make sure it stays clear. Also venting to the back of your primary air box in between the carbs and gas tank will help with intake bog. 36" front end kit makes a world of difference when it comes to carving and side hilling vs stock width. Highly recommend that. Other than that ride it and see what u like and dislike. U can change a million things but it's hard to tell what works without trying them out. John at Sled head racing can set u up with anything needed in the ski doo world!

L
Aug 7, 2015
800r 154 I do a lot of boon docking And some high marking. I put a 19T top gear on and left the bottom one stock I thinks it's a 45T. Run hollow pins in primary and use the spring that came with my team clutch for that elevation.
Should I do anything different.

Premium Features