• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 and 09 summit XP skid relocate update (affordable)

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I just did this last night, infact it's still sitting like it was in that last pic.

I'm hoping to do some more tonight after my sons football practice, but that's kinda late so no promises.

I have not rode my sled yet since I did this but I rode one last year like it and it was noticible in a good way. I have heard from a few local guys they like it and thought it was worth it and like Jacmmaxwell said if you dont like it you can always move it back.

Utah Sledder is the only one I have heard negative about this and it takes alot of jumping to bend a shock shaft they dont bend easy. SO I dont know how you did that but everyone else seems to like the idea.

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
I did this mod with the drop brackets on my 09 two years ago and did not like it .Took the drop brackets out and still wasn't happy with it.It just didn't work for me.Like any mod will work for some but not for others.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have not rode my sled yet since I did this but I rode one last year like it and it was noticible in a good way. I have heard from a few local guys they like it and thought it was worth it and like Jacmmaxwell said if you dont like it you can always move it back.

Utah Sledder is the only one I have heard negative about this and it takes alot of jumping to bend a shock shaft they dont bend easy. SO I dont know how you did that but everyone else seems to like the idea.

Just to clarify, I believe Utah Sledder was referring to the bending of the lower shaft that the front shock mounts to...not the shock itself bending.
I have heard this from many other people as well. I have not personally done this so not bashing, just something to watch for.

Ok so back on topic about this, I did get a chance to ride my sled a little bit today like less then .4 mile but I did notice the sled didnt want to bottom out like it used too and suspension didnt sag like it did before. I think for the price to do this its worth a try and if you dont like it you can set it back to stock in just a matter of minutes.

Heater15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Brandon MB
Relocation

So do you think this would still work with drop brackets or would it through out the geometry? Wouldnt mind a bit more clearance for my big ***, lol!

So do you think this would still work with drop brackets or would it through out the geometry? Wouldnt mind a bit more clearance for my big ***, lol!

Yesterday was my first day riding all day with the mod done in deep snow. It was noticible and rode alot nicer too. I dont think drop brackets would be idea. I think it might cause too much ski presure. It did however give me more clearance for my big *** :face-icon-small-coo

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
This has worked great for me ... sled is still like this and will remain. I have since added an S-36 front end and my sled is hands down a better ride than any other 08-10 sled I have been on. I also updated my steering post to reduce steering effort by removing 10mm from the lower steering arm.

This is a great mod and retains the skids geometery. I have zero signs of bending in the shaft and the skid is able to bottom out on the rubber stops before the shock bottoms. I removed the springs from the shock and the torsions and cycled the suspension to be sure and IMO there is no down fall to the this mod.

http://www.xtremeairvents.com/8.html

The above link will further explain how to update your steering post for free.

After a season of beating the suspension I have decided the only thing I need to do is upgrade the crapy everst non rebuildable with a better shock.... and maybe a T-motion.

M
Apr 19, 2010
i put the brp gas shocks and lil heavier springs in my 08 154 and really enjoy my ride,i dont have the sag anymore and really notice the sled gettin up on the snow right away,cost a few more dollars though

Premium Features