• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 d7 problems

L
Feb 1, 2010
So.... I have a couple problems with my d7 that i need some insight on. First problems is my lcd screen went blank after the my wiring harness plugs by the hood hinge shorted on my hood stop wire ( it was the green wire). How would i go about replacing that plug without replacing the whole wiring harness and is my screen sol? The second problems I have been having is my max rpm have gone from 8200 to 7400 this season, My cylinders are at 110psi both sides and visually the clutch looks alright, except for i have had a belt where the top edge was rounded off, and my last belt blew a about a half inch chunk out of the bottom after about 200 miles. any help is much appreciated

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
wiring thing not sure, but the typical stuff for under revving:

- check power valves for fouling, valve bellows for tears, solenoid works, no broken lines from solenoid
- busted clutch springs... this includes primary; had one break one of the loops off where you couldn't see it without taking it apart, and the bits would bind together and the clutch wouldn't fully close.

there's a host of other things, but these are easiest ( from what i can think of ) to check relatively simply.

Premium Features