• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 RMK 600 set up - wife's sled has hard steering??

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
The things I did to make the girls 06 steer easier are:

1. Front track Spring from Carl's

2. 2" bar riser

3. SLP SLT skis, bought them after talking with Chris at Carl's

4. Carl's sway bar kit

After the changes she really likes it, 2 miles down the ditch I stopped to ask her how she was doing and she said the sled felt way better for steering response and effort. Smiles all around and the new swaybar helps her sidehill easier.

Only thing left to add is the Holz spindles which we will add if she still gets tired out after a long day.

I havent herd of the sway bar kit, I 'll check it out. I've done the riser and ordered the shock spring but I'm not a fan of SLT's I took them off my sled and went back to Powder Pro's. The SLT's do nothing for sidehilling over a stock ski and dart way more than Sidehiller 2's and the turning radious on an SLT VS Powder pro is no comp. I'm thinking about trying Simmons for her??

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Eric,
The sway bar is a Carl's piece, it is stiffer than the stock one and is supposed to keep the sled from diving on the hill.

I haven't tried the SLT's on my sled, I only care that they work for the GF. During install, I noticed there are 2 positions for the saddle, I put hers in the most rearward setting, SLP's instructions say this helps to eliminate darting and tracking as it puts more pressure down to the rear of the ski. She has had the ski's in about 18" of powder snow and has not complained at all about the flotation of them. Time will tell, we are spending Christmas in Togwotee this year and she will log plenty of trail and off trail miles then.

I have found that what I like she may not and vice versa, just be willing to try her out on various ski's before purchasing. She probably would not purchase you golf clubs unless she consulted with you, same would apply to the ski's for me.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Wifes 07 RMK 6 is also hard for her to steer.Ordered the 220 lb. spring from local dealer,it is a Polaris part and any dealer can get it for you.Part #7041882-067.If the spring doesn't help then I'll try the Holz spindles but would rather spend $ 36 than $ 300:)

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Eric,
The sway bar is a Carl's piece, it is stiffer than the stock one and is supposed to keep the sled from diving on the hill.

I haven't tried the SLT's on my sled, I only care that they work for the GF. During install, I noticed there are 2 positions for the saddle, I put hers in the most rearward setting, SLP's instructions say this helps to eliminate darting and tracking as it puts more pressure down to the rear of the ski. She has had the ski's in about 18" of powder snow and has not complained at all about the flotation of them. Time will tell, we are spending Christmas in Togwotee this year and she will log plenty of trail and off trail miles then.

I have found that what I like she may not and vice versa, just be willing to try her out on various ski's before purchasing. She probably would not purchase you golf clubs unless she consulted with you, same would apply to the ski's for me.

Thanks and I hear you on the skis, I think I'm just bitter about getting rid of them after I took them off my sled.

My wife rides 07 600, I drilled a hole on the tunnel/track bracket lowering the entire tunnel which put less ski weight and it improved the steering considerable. It was so light that I had to get a more aggressive skis (C & A Pros). Big improvement. I also did the same for my 06' 900.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
My wife rides 07 600, I drilled a hole on the tunnel/track bracket lowering the entire tunnel which put less ski weight and it improved the steering considerable. It was so light that I had to get a more aggressive skis (C & A Pros). Big improvement. I also did the same for my 06' 900.

Interesting, I have not herd that. How about a pic?

Premium Features