• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05-06 900 IQ Throttle/ Oil cable replacement

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I received the first shipment of cables specifically made to replace the troublesome throttle/ oil cable combination in use on the 05 and 06 900 IQ.
I installed one on my sled and took some pictures showing the clean install.
I am selling the cables for $75.00 each. Please PM me for questions or order.
Thank you.
Claude.

PC210030 (Medium).JPG PC210038 (Medium).JPG PC210039 (Medium).JPG PC210040 (Medium).JPG PC210042 (Medium).JPG

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
so the cable splits instead of relying on the small oiler cable from the throttle body linkage (delete small cable).
Is the action at the oiler the same?

Nice setup for sure!
I was expecting some sort of spring to ensure the oiler returns

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Yes the oil pump functions exactly the same with the same travel as before.
You don't have to deal with the short cable coming apart anymore. One added bonus is you can lift the throttle body without having to remove the primary and sub frame, which is nice if you want to check the intake boots or oil pump and lines. The throttle feels much nicer and smoother with this new cable.
FBF

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
The new cable will work with risers up to 4", the above pics are with a 2.5" riser. For anything above that, let me know and I can have them built to fit taller risers.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Throttle/ oilpump cable for tall risers.

Hey guys, I have received a few inquiries for cables to fit tall risers.
The cables I have right now will work with risers up to 4".
If there's enough interest, I could have a few made to fit up to 10" or whatever you need. Please let me know how many and how high so I can start a count for the next order.
Thanks.
FBF

J
Nov 29, 2007
are these the same length as the factory cable?
i have 6" rise and i had to lengthen my wireing but was able to get by with old throttle cable. i will need one of these as soon as i get my sled back. will pm you then
THANKS FBF for helping make this sled better
johnny

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
The factory oil cable is installed between the oil pump, mounted solid on the engine, and the throttle body, mounted on rubber boots. With vibration and torque, the factory oil cable will fail at the flexible portion of the cable and start sticking so the oil pump lever does not return to idle when you release the throttle. You will start to go through a lot more oil then normal and you will have to replace your spark plugs a lot more often.

Please take note that I will be away and will not be able to answer PMs or emails for two weeks starting Jan 4th. All inquiries or order will be answered after Jan18.
FBF

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
This is just to advise you guys I have put an order in for a longer cable to accomodate tall risers. The longer cable will work on bars with risers up to 10".
I will reply to all PMs when I get back in two weeks. Safe riding.
:beer;
FBF

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
Interested in cable ASAP!

I have been trying to get it so that I can post sense they changed the forum I forgot to regester from my e-mail so this is the first time I have posted on this one. But anyway I am really interested in a cable I will have my engine out this week end so I figure now is the time to do this I will PM you some info
Thanks
Ryan

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Hi guys, I'm back home and ready to take cable order.
I now have a longer cable available for the tall riser bar, the price is 85.00 for the long cable.
Please send me a PM for order.

FBF.

Premium Features