• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05/06 900 IQ Oil Pump cable solution is coming soon

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Guys, I just got confirmation todat that my oil pump/throttle cables are in production.
I should receive some next week. I will update this post with pictures and pricing as soon as I get the cables delivered to me.
This new cable will make the original troublesome oilpump cable obsolete.
This cable is not a repair or bandaid, it is a complete replacement unit specificaly made for the 05 and 06 900 IQ.
Stay tuned for an updated post.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
All I have so far is some pictures of the test cable I made as a sample for exact lenght specific for the sled.
Here's one picture.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry about the picture not showing up, I'll work on that and post the install on my sled next week. Dogmeat, you're lucky if you haven't had problems with yours yet. I have changed a bunch on mine and a friend's sled. I was talking to the service manager at the dealership today and he see's a lot of these coming in for that exact problem. The short cable between the throttle body and the oil pump just does not stand up to the vibration and stress it is put under.
If you start fouling plugs, thats the fisrt thing you want to look at.
More info and pictures next week.
FBF.

B
Sep 3, 2004
SW MN
www.itctel.com
I would too.....just ran it for the first time and used 2/3 rd's of theres to a tank of fuel. I looked and marks were spot on so I turned it down as far as I could. It is not staying open though....I put a small bunje on it to make sure it closes all the way.

Patrick

Dec 6, 2007
Palmer
Just got mine back from the dealer last week and they put an updated cable on mine. I wasn't even aware there was a problem with these until they told me they had replaced mine. It appears Polaris has addressed this and is updating them as they come in. I haven't seen a recall yet though.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I was hoping to get them this week but looks like they won't be here until next week, I'm waiting for an email from the shop to confirm delivery.
I will let you guys know as soon as I find out.
Thanks.
FBF

Premium Features