• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

‘23 rail caps on a ‘24

C

Chern_889

Nov 30, 2007
SK, Canada
Well I made caps from a ‘23 165” work on my 24 pro 165” little bit of modifications needed, had to hog out the inner hole of the caps to allow the cross shaft to sit inside of the caps, and also had to trim the plastic spacer sleeves on the cross shaft. Didn’t have to trim much off the hyfax either, basically just squared them off.

I tried to use shaft sleeves from a 23 but the shaft diameter is quite a bit bigger on the 24.
All in it was $50 in Polaris parts and a couple hours of tinkering in the garage.

5458955- Rail caps x2 $15ea
5144351- Outer rail cap bushing x2 $8ea

This is on a 2024 850 Pro RMK Slash 165, using part numbers from a 2023 Pro RMK slash 165, your experience may vary….

IMG_2026.jpegIMG_2027.jpegIMG_2029.jpeg

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Nice job!

I originally was going to do the exact same thing but after pricing parts and then considering I would still have to "modify" to make things fit, I just went with the Ice Age fix kit for a little more.

I just got my kit last week, so I'll throw everything together in the next week or two. Only crappy part about ordering from Ice Age is that from some reason I had other stuff just happen to jump into my cart right before I hit pay........LOL

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Nice job!

I originally was going to do the exact same thing but after pricing parts and then considering I would still have to "modify" to make things fit, I just went with the Ice Age fix kit for a little more.

I just got my kit last week, so I'll throw everything together in the next week or two. Only crappy part about ordering from Ice Age is that from some reason I had other stuff just happen to jump into my cart right before I hit pay........LOL

Check your small washer in the kit, mine seems to be too big. Calling them tomorrow to confirm. I’ve already trimmed my hyfax and heading out in a week. Hopefully this is resolved in time.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Check your small washer in the kit, mine seems to be too big. Calling them tomorrow to confirm. I’ve already trimmed my hyfax and heading out in a week. Hopefully this is resolved in time.
Got my kit last week only took a couple hrs to install. As usual IceAge is top quality. You can’t even tell polaris didn’t finish the job. Thanks IceAge.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'm all about buying after market junk but I really need to save money for gas for my Lamborghinis and Ferraris for this summer so I just did what Polaris says and torqued both screws to 10 ft lbs. I haven't had any issues with my hyfaxs 🤷🏻‍♂️

C

Chern_889

Nov 30, 2007
SK, Canada
I'm all about buying after market junk but I really need to save money for gas for my Lamborghinis and Ferraris for this summer so I just did what Polaris says and torqued both screws to 10 ft lbs. I haven't had any issues with my hyfaxs 🤷🏻‍♂️
I haven’t even rode this machine yet, save for a skid down the alley and back, probably a made up issue for the PRO with shorter front track shock, but I can’t help but play with things 😉

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Ice Age actually sent out an email and asked those who purchased the kit to check the washers included. Apparently there was a mix up during packaging and some kits were sent out with two different washer sizes by mistake. They will send the correct ones, or......check the "the tray" and you may even have one!! LOL

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Well I made caps from a ‘23 165” work on my 24 pro 165” little bit of modifications needed, had to hog out the inner hole of the caps to allow the cross shaft to sit inside of the caps....
did you do anything to the very tip of the rail to get the caps to slide on all the way? I messed with this yesterday without pulling the skid. the caps don't slide on quite far enough, maybe 1/16" short. can't get them to line up with the rail hole straight.
if i can get the caps to slide on just a touch further, I see no reason I couldn't run my Ice Age matryx anti-stab, '23 rail tips and bolt sleeves. Everything seemed like it would bolt up without any issue.

C

Chern_889

Nov 30, 2007
SK, Canada
did you do anything to the very tip of the rail to get the caps to slide on all the way? I messed with this yesterday without pulling the skid. the caps don't slide on quite far enough, maybe 1/16" short. can't get them to line up with the rail hole straight.
if i can get the caps to slide on just a touch further, I see no reason I couldn't run my Ice Age matryx anti-stab, '23 rail tips and bolt sleeves. Everything seemed like it would bolt up without any issue.
I more or less just forced them on, I didn’t modify the rails at all. The hole doesn’t quite line up but it was close enough to get the bolts in and sent them home with the impact.

Premium Features