For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Currently: Loving the XP chassis!!
mx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default baofeng 888S

Just wondering if anybody has programmed these and are willing to share a few tips. I am wanting to install the FRS/GRMS frequency's, and a local weather channel. I know to use chirp, I just don't know how. Thanks.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
fishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the site i used to configure my UV82:

http://www.miklor.com/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to fishhunter18 For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-29-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 08:58 AM
mx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond reputemx100 has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out these aren't very hard to program. Lost of confusion on if they are legal for the use we want.

Last edited by mx100; 10-06-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Basic Member
fishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond reputefishhunter18 has a reputation beyond repute

I used mine for hunting with the mic this season and wow, very impressed for now.
I have maybe 3 miles from the cabin to the spot in deep forest and it's very clear!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,211 Times in 7,193 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx100 View Post
Just wondering if anybody has programmed these and are willing to share a few tips. I am wanting to install the FRS/GRMS frequency's, and a local weather channel. I know to use chirp, I just don't know how. Thanks.
FWIW...

If you're looking for a radio you can use without a license, then no, it is not a good radio for that purpose.

This radio is not
Part 90 (commercial land mobile) or Part 95 (FRS/GMRS, etc.) certified.

If you use it as received from the factory, you'll be transmitting on commercial and public safety channels, so could get in a lot of trouble very quickly (with fines exceeding $10,000).

If reprogrammed for ham radio 70cm band and you're licensed, then yes, it can be used legally.

If reprogrammed for FRS, then you'll be illegal due to power levels and the removable antenna.

If reprogrammed for GMRS AND you have a license, then you'll be on shaky ground, but the chance of getting caught is small.

If you're looking for a good "family" radio and don't want to get a license, then stay with FRS radios and stay off the GMRS channels (Channels 15-22 on Motorola radios).

The short answer is that is that it is NOT a good solution for a low cost, LEGAL, easy to use radio for unlicensed family use.

There are no frequencies you can program this radio to for use without a license and remain legal.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Currently: waiting for the fluffy rain
snowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond reputesnowcannon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
FWIW...

If you're looking for a radio you can use without a license, then no, it is not a good radio for that purpose.

This radio is not
Part 90 (commercial land mobile) or Part 95 (FRS/GMRS, etc.) certified.

If you use it as received from the factory, you'll be transmitting on commercial and public safety channels, so could get in a lot of trouble very quickly (with fines exceeding $10,000).

If reprogrammed for ham radio 70cm band and you're licensed, then yes, it can be used legally.

If reprogrammed for FRS, then you'll be illegal due to power levels and the removable antenna.

If reprogrammed for GMRS AND you have a license, then you'll be on shaky ground, but the chance of getting caught is small.

If you're looking for a good "family" radio and don't want to get a license, then stay with FRS radios and stay off the GMRS channels (Channels 15-22 on Motorola radios).

The short answer is that is that it is NOT a good solution for a low cost, LEGAL, easy to use radio for unlicensed family use.

There are no frequencies you can program this radio to for use without a license and remain legal.

Are these rules specific to the US?

Old 10-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,211 Times in 7,193 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcannon View Post
Are these rules specific to the US?
SORRY!!!
I did NOT see that you were up north in BC...

What I have seen a lot of lately are guys buying HAM RADIOS to use in the back country because they have a WHOLE LOT more transmitting power, and they work a HECK OF A LOT BETTER. But they are treading on thin ice if they ever get caught for using a HAM radio without a license.

So I toss out these warnings just so the guys know the downside to making that choice in the USA.

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
snowcannon (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Basic Member

Yes, and in Canada you don't even have the right to use it as is! Mine is locked at 2watt. But i read somewhere that regulation is gonna change for these kind of radio.

You know, where i use it, the nearest town is, at least, a 1 hour travel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fishhunter18 For This Useful Post:
snowcannon (10-06-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Currently: Thinkin Snow! Bought APro Rmk Love this Sled
wildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond reputewildcard28 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I have a Boefang radio Bf f8 it has a stock 7in rubber antenna that is a big upgrade and the radio that has a extended battery and that model makes the radio thicker in the back rather than longer like the Boefang uv5r etc. and am studying for my Ham or amateur radio liscence, not for sledding for fun of long distance commumication etc. If you stay within like the 22 channels of you common handheld public radio you can broadcast without a liscence not different then store bought handhelds or like a Garmin Rino, the cool part of the Boefang and other radios like that is they broadcast at a much higher watts then the cheap handhelds which at usually not over 1 watt radios, 1 -4 watt ham radios are pretty cool and mine is the new one that's less than a $50 radio and I can broadcast 1, 4, and 8 watts, when I take is sledding my buddy with a cobra handheld can hear me good but I have a hardtime hearing him at distance, I also have most my local police, emergency and weather channels programmed in and listen to the weather channel when out in the hills, Get the like 14inch retec or nogoya whip antenna and I just fold them with out kinking and put the radio in my jacket pocket.

you can also buy quick adaptor that screw into the top of the radio and will adapt to a antenna mounted to your vehicle and you can broadcast for miles.

pretty cool stuff.
Wildcard
Tether
Zbros 36in Frontend
Walker Evans Revalved
Dual Rate Front Springs
Super Q Can
Koso dual window EGT
Guage Lifter
Fly Next Level Handlebars
Skinz Next Level Windshield bag
Skinz Headlight Delete
Muffpot
Underhood Goggle/ Glove bag
2 Cool footwell Vents
Burandt Running Boards
VEI Rear Tunnel Brace
Burandt Handlebars
Burandt Tunnel Bag W/
Axys Twist Lock tie downs
Arctix Fx wrapped tunnel
Aluminum Rear Bumper
Powder Jack on Tunnel

Old 10-10-2016, 11:09 AM
inspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher;

A precautionary warning is nice, but where is this stern warning in every thread about aftermarket exhausts, turbos, etc? They are just as illegal, and do more harm to our sport than unlicensed radios, but I suppose these unlicensed radios aren't sponsors either....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to inspector01 For This Useful Post:
Murph (10-10-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 12:16 AM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 AM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,937 Times in 4,588 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-30-2016, 09:05 AM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-07-2016, 11:10 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,142 Times in 428 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2016, 01:38 PM
inspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2016, 01:16 AM
Currently: Working not sledding....this sucks
Phat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2016, 01:20 AM
Currently: Working not sledding....this sucks
Phat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,142 Times in 428 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
blastco2 (12-23-2016)