For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2016, 12:11 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow!
bhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best lock to use for enclosed trailer puck or other?

Hi All, just wondering what you you all use to lock the ramp doors on your enclosed trailer. I bought cheap puck locks and they freeze up badly and also are rusting like crazy too.

I stopped using them before the season was over because I was paranoid that I was going to get locked out of my trailer.

What do you all use that works?

Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-31-2016, 01:33 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Regular master lock and full coverage INS.
Use a dry graphite lubricant once a year. Don't tow trailer with locks on unless the roads are dry.
I put the warm dry locks on at the snopark.

GS6

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Currently: Not set.
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been using the master lock 6121 for the last 5 years and have never had them freeze. I have them on the trailer all the time

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to DUKHTR3 For This Useful Post:
bhoth (05-31-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Currently: Motor is complete!!!
Moderator: Premium Member
Thanked 1,180 Times in 714 Posts
milehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I like these:

http://www.boltlock.com/vehicle-match/

They get keyed to work with your truck key. Then you just have to carry one set of key and never have to worry about not having your key with you. Obviously if you tow with different vehicles, it could be an issue. Once you key it, it is forever on that key.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Mark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bolt Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighassassin View Post
I like these:

http://www.boltlock.com/vehicle-match/

They get keyed to work with your truck key. Then you just have to carry one set of key and never have to worry about not having your key with you. Obviously if you tow with different vehicles, it could be an issue. Once you key it, it is forever on that key.

Do you have experience with the different styles? I was thinking of the padlocks for the door/ramps on the enclosed trailer and they also have pin locks for the hitch?
2013 800 Pro RMK 155 ES, Burandt boards, Timbersled A-arms, NXT Level WS Bag, skid plate, VE belt guard, Team Tied Clutch, MTX wts, SLP Hot Air Eliminators, Mike Taylor Footwell Vents, Powder Keg tank/pack, Rox Flex Tec II Handguards.

Wife's Sled - 2012 Yamaha Apex XTX 144" EPS, Earth X battery, Yamaha Handguards, cable scratchers

2015 600 RMK 155, ES, skid plate, MTX wts

Old 06-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Currently: Motor is complete!!!
Moderator: Premium Member
Thanked 1,180 Times in 714 Posts
milehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond reputemilehighassassin has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I don't have much. I bought a set for my parents, they use the pin lock and a regular lock. I'd imagine they all work the same.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow!
bhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond reputebhoth has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else? I really like the idea of the puck style luck just need one that is enclosed or have some kind of cover to keep it out of the weather.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:55 AM
Basic Member
Jelysher is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoth View Post
Anyone else? I really like the idea of the puck style luck just need one that is enclosed or have some kind of cover to keep it out of the weather.
Maybe it's too late.I'd say it depends on the cable. We used to lock our old I/O up with something akin to a high end bike cable through the wheels. Forgot it once and drove away. Ripped that cable apart without much fuss.I have used a coupler lock on my old MC trailer. It was not that style, but rather, an ordinary U in the locking pin. Doesn't work on my new trailer, for which I need one like what is posted above. Now, I continue to use DT Coupler (Diversi-Tech) locks https://secretstorages.com/best-lock...storage-units/ on all of my trailers - dump, skidsteer, utility, enclosed and boat trailers without fail. Had a buddy want to use one of my trailers while I was out of town and told him if he could get the lock off he could use it. So being a rancher, he took a grinder, sledge and various other methods to the lock and it didn't give. So far so good, average price around $45.00. By the way my mastercraft trailer has the UFP style coupler as well and it works great on there.
And here's another solution, as an alternative

Hope it helps.Good Luck

Old 06-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Thanked 2,497 Times in 990 Posts
Jaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond repute

In the age where you have a video phone/supercomputer in your pocket.....doesn't it seems more than slightly insane that the enclosed manufacturers haven't yet figured out an interior lock? So you can lock the ramp doors and exit via the man door? Or any system a little more slick than carrying padlocks around to lock up your brand new trailer?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaynelson For This Useful Post:
summ8rmk (06-13-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 07:59 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blk88GT For This Useful Post:
Jaynelson (06-14-2018), summ8rmk (06-14-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 09:46 PM
Currently: Winning
Basic Member
szotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2018, 05:08 PM
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register