• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

417 300 166 belt vs 417 300 383

Howdy there, is there any probs running a 417 300 383 belt on a 03 when the oem is 417 300 166 My son put it on and rode a couple miles and the clutch went kaboom. was it the belt or just bad luck !:target::target: Many thanks

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would highly recommend the -288 belt to replace the 166. The dealer will look at you cross eyed, just tell them to order it. It's off the race sleds and is very durable and transmits the power better. May require a slight pin weight change depending on how close clutching is.
Whatever belt he runs, be sure to clean the sheaves with scotchbrite and make sure snow and water can't get in there, that will kill any belt quickly....and the obvious clutch alignment and clutch component wear.

Last edited:
J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
Me and a few buddies but a multipack of 383s off eBay when I had a rev and I thought it was a garbage belt. The belt seemed to be too soft for hard mountain riding. I could be wrong but I think you could run a 377 off the xps.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I would highly recommend the -288 belt to replace the 166. The dealer will look at you cross eyed, just tell them to order it. It's off the race sleds and is very durable and transmits the power better. May require a slight pin weight change depending on how close clutching is.
Whatever belt he runs, be sure to clean the sheaves with scotchbrite and make sure snow and water can't get in there, that will kill any belt quickly....and the obvious clutch alignment and clutch component wear.

X2 ^^ the 288 belt is a gooder. Works very well.

Premium Features