• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS RMK pictures from the West Yellowstone and Sneak Peek

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
No, I'm not there. I didn't take these.

I wanted a couple pics of the front A-arms and the rear ends of the rails ends, plus a couple others.

Obviously the spindle height is very subtle and hard to notice unless you put the two side by side.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The cut-out at the rear of the rail us much easier to see here. I'm very intrigued by this and I didn't get an explanation about it.

attachment.php

And I see Keith, Chris, Megan and I think Andy and Marty. Who else is in the pic? LOL

attachment.php

5421.jpg 5424.jpg 5427.jpeg 5444.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you want to add pics to this thread, go for it.

Please describe pic, share your observations and commentary about that part of the sled, etc.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The cut-out at the rear of the rail us much easier to see here. I'm very intrigued by this and I didn't get an explanation about it.

It's pretty easy once you see it.......I just had a "duh why didn't anyone else think of this" moment. With the wheels, there was some rail/hyfax that's essentially redundant. Big wheel kits are all over the place without the bottom of the wheel being used as a rolling surface because longer rails kept the track on the hyfax....... Might as well use the rest of the wheel radius on the bottom instead.

They're just using the wheel instead of the extra 2 inches of rail. Just another spot to remove some material.

I have to say though, all that cutout material looks pretty pinner. It seems like some cracking is in for the future.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It's pretty easy once you see it.......I just had a "duh why didn't anyone else think of this" moment. With the wheels, there was some rail/hyfax that's essentially redundant. Big wheel kits are all over the place without the bottom of the wheel being used as a rolling surface because longer rails kept the track on the hyfax....... Might as well use the rest of the wheel radius on the bottom instead.

They're just using the wheel instead of the extra 2 inches of rail. Just another spot to remove some material.

I have to say though, all that cutout material looks pretty pinner. It seems like some cracking is in for the future.

Snow evacuation from the skid also.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Looks stronger where it needs to be to me. We'll see.

Is that a better clamping axle?? Nice improvement.

I cut my sliders back in that spot just to make it yank of the truck easier. Nice improvement.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
''The shocks are the same length from the 15 to the 16.''

is that a statement of fact ? a guess ? or a question ?
thanks

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Polaris said on facebook that the rear shocks will not interchange.
The front IFS shocks are the same length.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have heard that the geometry is different so they do not transfer directly from a 15 to a 16 chassis.

Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Couple things to point out...
The black plastic box you see above the oil jug. It's NOT plastic. It looks like the entire cold air intake is this newly used material that feels more like a cloth fabric than hard plastic. It feels very light weight and fairly rigid (not that plastic was very heavy to begin with). Very interesting.

I REALLY like that the air intake on the dash cowling faces downward instead of up toward the rider. FAR less snow build-up on there, IMO. I know on my 2013, I'm always wiping them off on the deep powder days. I like this change.

AND the tool for opening the secondary clutch sheaves....look where it's mounted as opposed to the Pros where it's buried away in the little black bag on the belt cover.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is a great front view that will help people to visualize the reduced drag on the nose-cone plastic in deep powder.

Look at that ground clearance!!!

attachment.php

Premium Features