• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

motor mount systems on 2016

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
has anyone gotten a close enough look at the 2016 to see if the motor mount system is completely new compared to like say the 2012 systems? Thinking about snow checking but haven't been able to get a close look at a 2016 model. Would rip out the motor and electronics and put in what i have in my 2012 into the 2016 chassis. Looking at pictures from 2016, looks different on motor but bulkhead maybe looks similar...seen picture of vertical pipe also, no more room for old horizontal pipe anymore??? Thanks for any feedback.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
The 2016 doesn't have the motor straps like the 2011 to 2015 has, the mounts are cast into the bulkhead. The rubber donut system is still used just no straps.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is the best I can do for you.....

4227_1600.jpg

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Thanks guys...i seen the pictures of the mount location built into the case but they also show on the polaris website above that the engine mounted with straps...must be an old picture :) :)

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
Mngoat... That's a lot of power to put in.... Sounds fun!!

I would just go look at the 2015 rush sleds. It is the same mounts as those. But I will be headed to the snowmobile expo in West Yellowstone this weekend, and plan on taking some pictures of different things to post on here of the new sleds, such as drivers and motor mounting and such. I will try to get some and post them on here for you guys if you want!

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
Thanks, that would be great, hopefully they improved the rubber mount system, I,ve gone thru at least five sets of mounts between three pro,s, they woulf compact and allow motor movement which would cause belt heat and damage. Have you come up with a solution to this on the pro chassis, even if I order an Axys I,ll still have a pro around ?

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
yes plzzz post pictures of anything you can get...i still have to wait 3 more weeks to get a n eye on one....good point of the 2015 rush being the same......Thanks

Premium Features