• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat turbo suspension set up

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
well i will be luckey to have my boosted this year so money is kinda tight i can sacrafice some nice ride for an awsome boondocking sled i kinda got the answers i was looking for

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So is 09 skid better than 07,08? I am wanting to boost an m1000 and am trying to decide if I should pony up the extra money for an 09. I have found some 07 m1000's with diamond lights and power claws or camo extremes for a lot less than an 09, but if there is a big difference in traction I might want to spend the money to buy a newer sled than to put it into a skid on an older model. P.S. I am only planning on running pump gas

The 08 & 09 skids are essentially the same, some weight loss from 08-09, but no biggie.
IMO the 07 is a better turbo skid, it holds the front end to the ground & tends to roll over convexities without a lot of rise compared to our 08 & newer sleds. I prefer the float skid anyhow, but for that one reason I think the 07 is better for climbing.

I agree with snowdevil about not running the 07-08 DD, it is pretty prone to issues compared to a single direction DD imo.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
So no one has any personal experience with the ovs coupler.

TTT

It just came out this year, I sure Travis ran one last year for testing, you could call him or Gar. I think they are pretty busy right now so it might take a couple trys to get a hold of them. I had a look at them when I was down at the simmons shop a couple weeks ago. the craftsmanship looks really good.

Premium Features