• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 Etec Cranky!!!

T
Nov 29, 2007
Buckley, WA
Hey guys,

So my '12 Etec's crank took a crap on me last week. Wanted to see how common this is out there? I have a buddy who works at a local shop here and he is telling me that Doo cranks go outta spec all the time. I told him that I knew there was a problem with the P-Tek doin this and he insists that the Etecs have problems too. Not sure if I believe that or not? Atleast not what I was told by the dealers around here.

Who else has had there's go? PTO end of crank 26k outta round... Just under 1k miles on the sled. Luckily I have another year of warranty left. Not sure what the cause was as it is still at the dealer.

Just look'n for some feedback...:face-icon-small-hap

Thanks!

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
E-TEC CRANK

REPLACED ONE UNDER WARRANTY DUE TO TOO MUCH RUNOUT HAD LIKE 3K RUNOUT IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY SO I WOULD SAY ITS NOT UN-COMMON. GET IT REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AND GET BACK OUT THERE...TIME IS A WASTING!!

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
REPLACED ONE UNDER WARRANTY DUE TO TOO MUCH RUNOUT HAD LIKE 3K RUNOUT IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY SO I WOULD SAY ITS NOT UN-COMMON. GET IT REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AND GET BACK OUT THERE...TIME IS A WASTING!!

0.003" runout is not alot - isn't the standard runout 0.002" on new???

Premium Features