• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

seized motor question 06 800

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Stuck my motor today and am at a loss. Maybe 500 yards from the truck, plenty of warm up time, nothing over 6000 rpm (girlfriend on back and just putting). Motor just seized, tried to pull it back over and wouldnt budge, pulled the plugs and they were dry, put plugs back in and it fired right up, then just drove it back on the trailer.

Been out a couple times this year, fresh gas, havent changed anything, and dont know why it would squeek. Bout 400 miles on a new motor.

Any ideas? Not a big deal to drop new piston in but would like to know why it happened to fix it and dont want it to happen again next time out.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
seized my 07 800r up about 8 miles from the truck yesterday, again not pushin it riding to the mountains maybe 7K. rolled the engine backwards about a half turn and she freed up, no compression in one hole:(, thinkin i busted a ring?? Both plugs lookin a little fat, but dry.

Premium Features